Thread: Celeb (and Celeb SO's) Sexual Harassment Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regarding this big can of worms we've just opened, my stance is that the gender identity you choose to go through your life with is your fucking choice, same as your hair style, your favorite band, or your drug addiction. Whatever you're doing that seemingly makes you happy and doesn't harm others is your choice and kudos to you on that.

I once made a very close lesbian friend of mine laugh and after she was done laughing, she said "never repeat this in front of my trans friends". My point was that when you feel that you're a woman trapped in a man's body and you craft your trans identity, you always choose to be the most attractive woman you can become. You don't choose to be a Jewish Orthodox lady or the Bolivian woman who works at the grocery store or the laundry place. You choose to be a hot chick. In a way, you choose to be a straight man's idea of what a woman is like.

That being said, yeah, of course, most trans women are in a position of danger. It's not like you can work at a bank or even at the neighborhood pharmacy, even though you could work that job (theoretically) with a svastika tattooed on your forehead. I'm Argentinian so I live in another reality from you guys except for Beau. And it's not like I'm so deep into the gay lifestyle that I know a lot of trans people - I have a friend who runs a theater company made entirely of trans actors, though. They did a version of The House of Bernarda Alba, which is a famous play by GarcĂ*a Lorca where the entire cast is female. But the ones I see walking the street (and, in fact, most of my friend's actresses) are either prostitutes or drug dealers or both.
    Last edited by Grouchy; 02-11-2018 at 07:24 AM.