Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Celeb (and Celeb SO's) Sexual Harassment Thread

I am the only one with a vagina posting in this thread, right ? Porgs are harrassing me

The last page of this thread reminds me of this scene:

[]
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Not so impressed by CK's statement. He makes it all about himself. Obstensibly an apology but he mentions twice how admired he is in the community and plugs all his projects

Oh wait, I dunno why I referenced his denial from last year, when he did this again TWO MONTHS AGO at TIFF.

“I’m not going to answer to that stuff, because they’re rumors,” Louis C.K. said during the Toronto interview, as he told Vulture last year. But he added on Sunday, “If you actually participate in a rumor, you make it bigger and you make it real.”

So it’s not real? “No.” he responded. “They’re rumors, that’s all that is.”

And what did he make of the comments by Ms. Notaro, whose work he has championed? (Louis C.K. is an executive producer of her Amazon series, “One Mississippi,” though she has said they haven’t spoken in over a year; a new episode of her series features a plot with echoes of the rumors about Louis C.K.) “I don’t know why she said the things she’s said, I really don’t,” he replied, adding, “I don’t think talking about that stuff in the press and having conversations over press lanes is a good idea.”
    The infuriating thing about this is that when you say an accusation isn't true, you're not just saying that in a vacuum. You're by default saying it against someone. He essentially called the people talking about "that stuff" liars, including his comment about Tig Notaro there. Maybe he should write an apology to Notaro also if he's on this remorseful kick.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Oh wait, I dunno why I referenced his denial from last year, when he did this again TWO MONTHS AGO at TIFF.

The infuriating thing about this is that when you say an accusation isn't true, you're not just saying that in a vacuum. You're by default saying it against someone. He essentially called the people talking about "that stuff" liars, including his comment about Tig Notaro there. Maybe he should write an apology to Notaro also if he's on this remorseful kick.
    If it were you, would you want to admit it on the red carpet of some film festival? I'm not defending him. I'm trying to understand the situation. Someone throws that question at you, you know it's true, and you just want to escape the question at that very moment, even if you know it will eventually get out. What do you do?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    If it were you, would you want to admit it on the red carpet of some film festival? I'm not defending him. I'm trying to understand the situation. Someone throws that question at you, you know it's true, and you just want to escape the question at that very moment, even if you know it will eventually get out. What do you do?
    There would always be a gala or red carpet or producers' meeting or Hollywood Reporter interview or social event that would prevent him from coming clean, as he would always have the reason that he couldn't admit his actions for fear of destroying people's investments in him ("greater good" and all that). There was never going to be a good answer, like, "Sunday, morning of the 14th, that's when I'll do it."

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    There would always be a gala or red carpet or producers' meeting or Hollywood Reporter interview or social event that would prevent him from coming clean, as he would always have the reason that he couldn't admit his actions for fear of destroying people's investments in him ("greater good" and all that). There was never going to be a good answer, like, "Sunday, morning of the 14th, that's when I'll do it."
    No but you're certainly not going to do it when you're walking into an event. The reporters get a thrill of the inevitable denial but they never think practically.
    My point is, we can look back in time on every response to anyone, and you'd never be satisfied knowing what we know now.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    Meanwhile, John Hillerman hasn't make ANY sort of statement. For shame, John.
    Heh. I needed a good laugh.
    "We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

That was a sit down interview scheduled to promote the movie, not an ambush at a red carpet.

I don’t really see why it matters either way though. My point was that he’s been exposed and accused before and his reaction was to fight back. For years. Now that it’s finally affecting his career for a change, he finally shows remorse. I don’t get why people are so in awe of that and praising his honesty, is all.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Looks like George Takei is next!
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Meanwhile, John Hillerman hasn't make ANY sort of statement. For shame, John.
    Oh man. Poor John. If only he knew what I did to him.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Andrew Kreisberg.

So we're a site that discusses art. Let's discuss this: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/1...hollywood.html

Men like Louis C.K. may be creators of art, but they are also destroyers of it. They have crushed the ambition of women and, in some cases, young men — boys — in the industry, robbing them of their own opportunities.

[...]

Our assessments of men’s contributions to an art form ought to be informed by the avenues they have closed off for other artists.

[...]

Perhaps, instead of considering the possibility of separating the art from the artist, it’s instructive to think of the impossibility of separating the artist from his industry. Louis C.K. is not just a comedian and director but also a gatekeeper and tastemaker, whose reach has stretched far beyond his idiosyncratic projects.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Looks like George Takei is next!
    While it is accurate to say that it is highly unlikely that women would come forward to make false accusations due to the possibility of threats and scrutiny, this situation points to the one place where this new social awareness might be misused: to take down a political opponent. I have no doubts that the scumbags who run some of these political campaigns would be more than willing to make shit up and pay people to lie about it.

All that being said, I haven't even read an article about George Takei, so I have no idea what's going on there.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Anyone know where this comes from?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting kuehnepips (view post)
    I am the only one with a vagina posting in this thread, right ? Porgs are harrassing me
    I'm here. But I'm not posting in this thread.

edit: dammit!

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)

Looks Italian. Neo-realism?
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Irish correctly noted that it is this image, which CNN reports has a complicated history, given the woman's thoughts at the time it was taken... Irish appears to have deleted the last several of his posts in this thread, though, so I'll just confirm his photographic eye.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

While it is accurate to say that it is highly unlikely that women would come forward to make false accusations due to the possibility of threats and scrutiny, this situation points to the one place where this new social awareness might be misused: to take down a political opponent. I have no doubts that the scumbags who run some of these political campaigns would be more than willing to make shit up and pay people to lie about it.

All that being said, I haven't even read an article about George Takei, so I have no idea what's going on there.

I’m very confused about who the first part of that post is directed at.

Isn’t it just an observation?
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Isn’t it just an observation?
    I think so, but you can never tell with that guy.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Since my post was quoted I assumed it was directed at me, but I didn’t say anything relating to his response so I was confused.

Anyways some model claims Takei groped him while he was passed out at a party in ‘81. Even claims he was roofied.

Takei is adamantly denying it.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Since my post was quoted I assumed it was directed at me, but I didn’t say anything relating to his response so I was confused.
    I quoted you so that people would know what topic I was talking about.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast