Thread: John Adams

John Adams

I don't know if anyone else is going to be watching this. The first episode was pretty good, even if the dialogue felt a bit excessively expository, which is a problem I fear may plague the series as it continues, seeing as each episode leaps over and covers several years, starting in 1770 and ending with his death in 1826.

Apparently, Tom Wilkinson will appear later as Benjamin Franklin. I can dig it.

It Makes Me Feel Alone Sxottlan's Avatar
    Wilkinson was great as Franklin in Episode 2.

Otherwise, it's a little tedious and cut and dry. The skewered camera angles are pretty unnecessary and obnoxious. However, I'm a little biased. I've never been that big a fan of the Revolutionary period in history despite being a history buff.

Good acting though.
    Out of 4 stars:
    The Guest: ***1/2
    Furious 7: ***
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya: ***
    It Follows: ***1/2

It Makes Me Feel Alone Sxottlan's Avatar
    This has been a decent mini-series. The scene tonight between Adams and the king was powerful stuff. Sort of like the prodigal son returning to a hurt father.
    Out of 4 stars:
    The Guest: ***1/2
    Furious 7: ***
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya: ***
    It Follows: ***1/2

Just got HBO again and watched the first ep yesterday. The courtroom stuff was pretty engaging.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary