Thread: The Disaster Artist

The Disaster Artist

This looks like it could be pretty amazing.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    I'm at the point where I've seen The Room more times than.... most movies in my life (aside from ones I watched over an over as a kid), so needless to say this is something I've been looking forward to for a long time.

Teaser looks pretty perfect, but why they no show more? A24 some kinda chicken? [
    ]
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    It's a dang teaser HG! I'm glad they held back.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

If you haven't read the book it's based on, I highly recommend it. I bought it immediately when it came out. It's a roller coaster. Maybe one of the best books about the making of a movie.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    CANNOT WAIT>
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I've only seen The Room once. Admittedly I didn't know every one was talking about it because it was so bad, so I fast forwarded a bunch. I was shocked I was hearing such a buzz about what was obviously a flaming piece of garbage. I was under the impression it was legitimately a great movie that flew under the radar. Once I understood its actual context of appeal it made sense. Can't wait for this. Hell, I'm mildly disappointed this isn't a straight up remake with this cast. That would be amazing.

That would not be amazing. You would understand if you've actually watched it. The Room's reputation is very specific to who Tommy Wiseau is and his performance. I'm actually glad that Franco isn't just doing an impression here because it would just fail.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I've read the book and seen the movie at midnight to the point where someone here told me to stop. Of course, I didn't.

Beyond pumped for this.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    That would not be amazing. You would understand if you've actually watched it. The Room's reputation is very specific to who Tommy Wiseau is and his performance. I'm actually glad that Franco isn't just doing an impression here because it would just fail.
    Sorry, I should have clarified, I have watched it fully since. I just meant my first go round with it. I still think them spoof remaking would be funny.

Buying the book now.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?