0 0%
  • Nay

2 100.00%

Thread: The Circle (James Ponsoldt)

The Circle (James Ponsoldt)

THE CIRCLE

Director: James Ponsoldt

imdb

I hate to say it, but Emma Watson is 0 for 2 this year. This was really bad. :\

I can't get over this. This bombed so hard that it made a million less than an Indian movie that opened in 1/7th the number of screens:

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    At times this made me feel really uncomfortable while still subtly taking hilarious jabs and Google, Apple, Facebook and Amazon;' companies that feast on customers data. Lots of subtext around privacy and companies that pry too deep in employee's personal lives, wearable, consumables... Spouting lines like "All about the community" and when speaking about social media: "You kayak? ... but No smiles, no ratings no posts?"- The problem is no one in this movie is self aware.
    No one sees how outrages the circle is. And maybe that's the point? This is the type of movie that will be dated in 20 years and everyone will look at it as a laughing stock.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?