Thread: DC Comics is launching their own streaming service

DC Comics is launching their own streaming service

I guess they have enough animated content to entice DC fans, but I wonder if they'll renegotiate with Netflix to have their CW stuff here too.

Anyway, the service's first original programming will be a live-action Titans series and the 3rd season of Young Justice. So I'm pretty annoyed that they're banking on the revival hopes of Young Justice fans to sell this thing, like what CBS All-Access is doing with Star Trek.

More here

This is the most interesting part for me:

The DC-branded platform is expected to offer more than a traditional OTT service; it is designed as an immersive experience with fan interaction and will encompass comics as well as TV series.
    If the service bundles television streaming with a Marvel Unlimited-style comic library, then holy hell, that piques my willy.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Does this mean most of the classic Warner Bros. Animation / DC Entertainment Movies will be on here too? Like The Animated Series? or Mask of the Phantasm?

They don't mention any of that.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

They probably don't want to mention specifics just yet because they're all tied up in different licensing deals with other streaming services (WB seems to negotiate those animated movies on a per movie basis, based on their piecemeal rate of licensing to Netflix), but I think once this is all up and running, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't want to go all in and make them exclusive to this. Certainly would justify signing up for another subscription than just offering two original programming.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Dammit. I don't know whether to hope it fails and everything ends up on CW or hope its great and inexpensive. Who can afford to pay for all these streaming sites? I have one and thats it.

Sounds neat for DC fans. If they tie comics to video streaming, that's a real and clever advantage over other platforms.

In what year will all these streaming services collapse/condense? I know we're just getting to the point where things are fracturing and splintering, but it's already beginning to multiply so much it's starting to look untenable.