Thread: Fargo (Season 3)

Fargo (Season 3)

An outstanding start to Season 3, with Mary Elizabeth Winstead and David Thewlis providing stellar support. This is going to be a delicious season, I can tell.

Oh, and you could have knocked me over with a feather when this song was featured prominently in the narrative:

Man, I love this show.
    "We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

Producer
    So ready for Carrie Coon's turn as the Righteous Force of pure Innate Goodness this season.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    And David Thewlis as the Incarnation of Pure Evil is already awesome.

VERY promising start, daresay a better start than Season 2. Can't wait to see what kind of weird shit they throw in there.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

- - - - -
    Is this watchable cold, without seeing the previous seasons?

(I've meant to check out this show for awhile.)

Each season is its own story, so yeah, technically you could watch it cold.

I'd say just start from the beginning anyway though, because the first two are so good (IMO) that by the time you're done with them you'll be glad you did and that there is more than one episode of s3 to watch. There is a definitely an aesthetic and thematic through-line that builds through the first two seasons, such that starting up s3 is a lot more rewarding, having been through the journey up to that point. Having an idea of what bizarre twists and turns the show will throw at you ups the stakes from the beginning and allows it all to resonate more.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

- - - - -
    Cool. Thanks, Joe

Yes Irish, what Joe said. They are definitely joined thematically, with each season actually improving on the previous one. That is, if Season 3 lives up to the promise of its grand opening. And I can see no reason why it won't.
    "We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

Producer
    Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    And David Thewlis as the Incarnation of Pure Evil is already awesome.
    Those teeth alone are wince-inducing enough.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

This was their strongest season open yet. I cannot get enough of this universe's tragicosmic crimecidences.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Weird, I thought it was the weakest opening by far.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Stunning episode.

Producer
    Never thought I would use this word about the show, but that was just lovely. Such a ticklingly mystifying episode.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5

Well that was awesome.