Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Defenders (Season 1)

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    - I really like the transitions.
    I forgot about this, but yeah. They really create a sense of geography in a universe that previously felt like the entire city is just one neighborhood.

Also, the monochromatic production design and color timing of each character to match their motif in the first couple of episodes looked really cool, like a gritty version of Zhang Yimou's Hero. Looking back, it's kinda funny that the sets and cinematography became bland as soon as the characters got together. What are you trying to tell me, there?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

This is the worst tweet I've ever read.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Daredevil S1
    Jessica Jones
    ---------Suck Line---------
    Luke Cage
    Daredevil S2
    The Defenders
    Iron Fist
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I enjoyed Defenders. Yes, its not perfect, I see the same faults, but I enjoyed it.

Man, this show is kind of boring.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9190 mediante Tapatalk

Man, this show is kind of boring.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9190 mediante Tapatalk
    http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...l=1#post575992

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'm surprised how many people here dislike the season 2 of Daredevil. But I'd be even more surprised if those same people liked this better.

I liked Daredevil S2 quite a bit.

Daredevil S2 didn't have Krysten Ritter and Mike Colter making me smile every episode.
    Movie Theater Diary

Daredevil S2 butchered the Punisher.

Daredevil season 2 was just an all around cluttered mess. It tried to do way too much all at once. The Punisher stuff should have been its own season, then the Elektra stuff should have been a separate season. But by just cramming the two together, both stories suffered for it, and it became frustrating to watch.

DD was barely involved with the Punisher stuff after like the third episode, and his constantly being dragged away from that storyline became more and more annoying with each passing episode. Meanwhile, the Elektra stuff that he was being dragged away to wasn't nearly as interesting, and ultimately fell flat when they forgot to give them a compelling villain to contend with, just a generic "The Hand", and then a last minute, "oh yeah, remember this throwaway nameless villain from season 1? Yeah, he's the main villain of this season now." Not to mention the idiotic inconsistencies that were introduced regarding DD's abilities when it came to their fights with The Hand this time around. Just real inexcusably lazy writing with that whole storyline, really.

It had moments of brilliance here and there, and if they actually took their time with it and properly and told the two stories they wanted to tell, it could have been great stuff. But the rushed and crammed together execution didn't work at all, and turned it into by far the biggest clusterfuck and chore of any of these series to actually get through.

Producer
    So I never watched Iron Fist, but I'm four episodes into this series and the "I'm the Immortal Iron Fist!" bit is the gift that keeps on giving. Gets me every time.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Couldn't disagree more. Daredevil season 2 was better than the first one. Dialogues and character improved notoriously and, personally, I liked the way they handled Punisher. I can get behind the complaints that there were actually two storylines which weren't intertwined in a deep way, but I still liked it.

This show, on the other hand, is a fucking disaster.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm just getting around to this, but Daredevil s2 absolutely owns, just as good if not better than s1. I don't get the hate at all, which I've seen in lots of places.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

This show, on the other hand, is a fucking disaster.
    Pretty close to one for sure.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]