Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick & Morty (Season 3)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Rick & Morty (Season 3)

Did anyone catch the sneak peek on Adult Swim last night? They basically played an episode for 4 straight hours without changing the programming titles on the DVR.

If you didn't watch it, I'll be the first to tell you that it was the best episode in the series, so good in fact, that I watched it three times in a row.

Can't wait.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Here's a clip. Lol.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I want that Szechuan dipping sauce.

Full episode is right here. Enjoy

https://vid.me/JBhQ

- - - - -
    This really might be the best sci-fi show on TV.

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    lol, likewise

Ha. Nathan Fillion is the voice the main alien.

Terri Hickey, a spokesperson for McDonald’s, said in a statement to USA TODAY that revisiting the sauce wasn't out of the question.

"We never say never, because when our customers speak, we listen," Hickey said, before making a Rick and Morty reference. "And to paraphrase some of our most enthusiastic fans, our sauce is so good that it would be worth waiting 9 seasons or 97 years for."
    I'm sure they're already contacting Disney to time it with the live-action remake.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I juts want to say, in addition to watching it twice in a row on April fools, I've watched that episode ever day at 10PM this week. I am in love with that episode.

BACK ON JULY 30! YEAH, BITCHES!

Beat me by 6 hours. Looks incredible.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)

Rick and Morty, the prototype - Doc and Mharti:

(Warning - in no shape, form or fashion is this crude precursor to Rick and Morty even remotely safe for work!)

It is, however, hilarious.

EDIT: It doesn't like to be linked, just click on Watch on Vimeo.

Last edited by Russ; 07-30-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    "We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

“They don’t have to keep trying to kill us if we join them. They’re basically pussies.”

Summer was hilarious in tonight's episode. I'm glad R&M is back.

I died. So good.

"Make a fist if this isn't over"

Bwhahahaha
    Last edited by Dukefrukem; 07-31-2017 at 11:35 AM.

- - - - -
    I died at: "Just stay in the driveway. The killbots are active and I took you off the whitelist."

This is a show that proceeds at such a quick clip and with such rapid fire dialogue that I want to watch every episode twice.

ETA: Also, the callback with the robo-kids, with one freaking out about "I love you Mom" and wanting to cross wade in a river or whatever. It takes a beat to realize that the fucking thing reached some sort of sentience and it's just callously turned off. I love the black humor of that.

My god last night's episode was so good. It's hard to imagine these episodes getting better but that appears to be what's happening.

Best. Therapist. Ever.

Yeah, this fucking show is a work of art.

I love those breakdowns.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Did anyone else watch last Sunday's episode? Watching Rick and Morty's relationship take a turn for the toxic was both compelling and unsettling for me. I also thought it was intriguing as it was twisted to watch Rick progress to a monster of a human being. Maybe there's an earlier example of this, but I feel like for the first two seasons, Rick's nihilism was made hilarious by the absurdist and improvisational comedy and world building, and while those elements are still present this season, there's a dark side of Rick coming out from underneath the woodworks. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but there was something about him telling the lead rat he wasn't special before killing him, and his [
    ] that made me notice a change in character.
    Last edited by Ivan Drago; 08-18-2017 at 06:00 AM.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast