View Poll Results: The Belko Experiment

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

3 60.00%
  • Nay

2 40.00%

Thread: The Belko Experiment (Greg McLean)

The Belko Experiment (Greg McLean)

Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Ignore the quote on the poster. This film has no elements of Office Space, other than the fact that it is set in an office. And it's not like Battle Royale, so much as it is like Battle Royale 2. You know, the one where they said to hell with social commentary, let's just see a bunch of heads explode.

If you go to see this movie, you will mostly see innocent people, either begging for their lives or panicking in fear, moments before they are killed horribly. You will see their deaths in graphic detail, without any artistry or empathy. You will see many of these deaths underscored with pop music or, at one point, opera, because I guess that's ironic somehow. The enemy will be faceless. The enemy will not be tied to any sort of real world politics or morality, save that of nihilism. The hero will not inspire you to consider your own values. He will not inspire you with wit or ingenuity. He will simply be the guy that is in most of the scenes. None of this is fun. Most of this is extremely boring.

If you really, really must satisfy your curiosity, wait until it hits Netflix. I made the mistake of paying to see it in the theater. I would venture to say that you really have to dislike humanity an awful lot to find this entertaining.
    Last edited by Spinal; 03-17-2017 at 04:40 AM.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Corporate America in a nutshell.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yeh I find this movie lacking the particular Mike Judge or James Gunn charm that it should have. Maybe they say it's Office Space because John McGinley is in both movies? I did enjoy it though and the ending caught me off guard.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

This was a missed opportunity. It should have been a dark comedy, instead its not funny at all. Without the humor, we've seen this movie before.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    This was a missed opportunity. It should have been a dark comedy, instead its not funny at all. Without the humor, we've seen this movie before.
    This.