View Poll Results: Beauty and the Beast

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

2 18.18%
  • Nay

9 81.82%

Thread: Beauty and the Beast (Bill Condon)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Irish is 100% correct by the way. I've taken a step back right now and realized there is some kind of bond I have with these films. It even happened in Moana a little bit. It's something about combining passionate music with the characters that gets to me. Each character has a specific obstacle and story arch. I love that about Disney in general, but Lion King and BatB i have the strongest attachments.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Irish is 100% correct by the way. I've taken a step back right now and realized there is some kind of bond I have with these films. It even happened in Moana a little bit. It's something about combining passionate music with the characters that gets to me. Each character has a specific obstacle and story arch. I love that about Disney in general, but Lion King and BatB i have the strongest attachments.
    Well hell, with the way this thread has developed, I don't know if it's even appropriate to respond to your last post to me and continue our discussion, or to just call it quits. (Thanks, Dr. Irish )

If you're still interested, I can respond after I get home. But if not, that's cool. Anyways, I apologize for any misunderstanding, or if I became a bit heated as well. I can appreciate being passionate about a film or series to such a degree, and can understand your frustration with seeing it receive a relatively negative reaction. Different strokes for different folks and all, but again, that's cool. After all, hell, you pointed out a couple of movies I loved, and I similarly became annoyed at their negative reception here, so I can relate, lol.

After all, hell, you pointed out a couple of movies I loved, and I similarly became annoyed at their negative reception here, so I can relate, lol.
    I'm the opposite; I don't really care if people don't like movies I do. But I can't help but snipe when I don't like a movie that everyone else seems to love.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Well hell, with the way this thread has developed, I don't know if it's even appropriate to respond to your last post to me and continue our discussion, or to just call it quits. (Thanks, Dr. Irish )

If you're still interested, I can respond after I get home. But if not, that's cool. Anyways, I apologize for any misunderstanding, or if I became a bit heated as well. I can appreciate being passionate about a film or series to such a degree, and can understand your frustration with seeing it receive a relatively negative reaction. Different strokes for different folks and all, but again, that's cool. After all, hell, you pointed out a couple of movies I loved, and I similarly became annoyed at their negative reception here, so I can relate, lol.
    It's all good TGM. No need to apologize. I clearly have some strong biased opinions here. Can't wait until the discussions of Favreau's Lion King starts.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?