Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (Season 7)

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I'm not any kind of shipper, but if Dany and Jon don't hump I will be severely disappointed. The two of them on screen together is pure bow-chicka-wow-wow.

I got the sense that it'll be Jaime who kills Cersei in the end.

All the stuff with the armies continues to be contrived and more than silly. "Sure, we let them take Casterly Rock. It was super-clever strategy. A foreign army would never knock down the walls, poison the water supply, burn the fields outside the castle, or kill any of the locals." Good plan, Jaime.

The negotiation between Dany and Jon was just as silly. Dany insists that Jon "bend the knee," even though she doesn't need him for anything. Jon insists that Dany give him resources but offers nothing tangible in return. Neither wavers from their initial demands. This in a show where every character behaves like an amateur Machiavelli.

Bran's dialogue to Sansa was fucked up and creepy. Not sure what the point of it was. Anyway, I was surprised this scene didn't cut to one with Arya.

Wasn't a fan of the repetition made for no discernible artistic purpose. Two tense dialogue scenes -- one at the start, one at the end -- conclude with a character dead by poison. Two scenes with characters who are ignorant of folklore. Dany says, "Night King? Huh? Who?" and Sansa says "Three eyed raven? Huh? Who?"

Lena Headey's wig makes her look like she's cosplaying a Romulan.
    Sounds like a case of the show struggling without any source material to properly adapt from.

Producer
    I'm not any kind of shipper, but if Dany and Jon don't hump I will be severely disappointed. The two of them on screen together is pure bow-chicka-wow-wow.
    I mean, this show never shy away from incest, even though personally I don't think they will go down that route with these two. But I'm just chiming in because there's a strong possibility that you don't know they are aunt and nephew?
    Last edited by Peng; 07-31-2017 at 02:54 PM.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I got the sense that it'll be Jaime who kills Cersei in the end.
    Especially when Jaime was led to believe the entire time it was Tyrion who killed Joffrey.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

MUCH better writing this episode than last. Cogman's dialogue simply has people stating the basics of what is going on and what they need to do. Beat point, beat point, beat point. Benioff and Weiss inject some humor and warmth back into the characters, which makes them seem human again.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    I mean, this show never shy away from incest, even though personally I don't think they will go down that route with these two. But I'm just chiming in because there's a strong possibility that you don't know they are aunt and nephew?
    This was never, afaik, confirmed in the show's story -- only suggested in the editing. Plus, if they characters share a relationship, they are unaware of it.

Which may mean some bow-chicka down the line. *crosses fingers*

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Especially when Jaime was led to believe the entire time it was Tyrion who killed Joffrey.
    Oooh. Good point. Forgot about that.

This was never, afaik, confirmed in the show's story -- only suggested in the editing. Plus, if they characters share a relationship, they are unaware of it.

Which may mean some bow-chicka down the line. *crosses fingers*
    It'll likely be confirmed very soon. It's part of why Bran needs to speak with Jon.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    It'll likely be confirmed very soon. It's part of why Bran needs to speak with Jon.
    Aside from this information, I'm curious at what Bran's purpose is in the show (if anything). He's been the biggest non-factor, most boring storyline through the entire show's run with the exception of the first god damn episode.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Well, from what I gathered, Dany's basically putting Jon in a position that she'll request his resources and armies when they're eventually needed. Obviously Jon has his mind on other things and won't commit to that.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    Don't kill my dreams, man!

- - - - -
    EW has learned that upcoming episodes of a couple series and at least one apparent script have been put online by hackers who breached the company's systems --- with more threatened to be coming soon.
    http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/31/hbo-hacked-game-of-thrones/

That's a shame. It's more fun on a week-to-week. This likely means that twitter & facebook will be flooded with spoilers.

Don't kill my dreams, man!
    No reason for them to die yet! Targaryans (and the show) have a long history of inbreeding.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:

Letterboxd

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/31/hbo-hacked-game-of-thrones/

That's a shame. It's more fun on a week-to-week. This likely means that twitter & facebook will be flooded with spoilers.
    A shame for sure. So annoying.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:

Letterboxd

Nah, it's pretty much confirmed by the show that Jon is Dany's nephew. They couldn't explain it through dialogue because only one character knows about it so far. Never stopped a Targaryen before.

The dungeon scene continues to feed my sick infatuation with Cersei.

The dialogue between Bran and Sansa was intentionally creepy. She expects to reconnect with her little brother. Instead she gets someone who is now approaching omniscience and is increasingly having trouble relating in a normal way with other people. He's been warned about this throughout the series. Or maybe it was the books. I don't remember, but someone warned him.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Yeah, Bran is basically Dr. Manhattan right now. His detachment is something to be expected.

I thought the Casterly Rock invasion was underwhelming and a bit rushed. But the final scene was gold. Now I have to find some footage of Diana Rigg in some medieval film and imagine what young Olenna must have been like.
    Last edited by Grouchy; 07-31-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    The dialogue between Bran and Sansa was intentionally creepy. She expects to reconnect with her little brother. Instead she gets someone who is now approaching omniscience and is increasingly having trouble relating in a normal way with other people. He's been warned about this throughout the series. Or maybe it was the books. I don't remember, but someone warned him.
    I don't remember any warning, so it may have been the books.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I don't remember any warning, so it may have been the books.
    Jojen didn't say anything about spending too much time disconnected from his body? Ah well, perhaps you're right. Hard to remember where it came from.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Now I have to find some footage of Diana Rigg in some medieval film and imagine what young Olenna must have been like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Nice work to those who noticed.

Also buried in that article at the bottom ... Van Houten and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau are going to be starring in the next De Palma film, Domino.

Van Houten and Coster-Waldau play two cops whose investigation into their fellow officer's murder leads them down a rabbit hole populated by CIA agents, ISIS cells, and an international terror plot.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

So many times in this episode I was 100% positive more than one popular character were going to die.

Also- Fuck Bran.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So many times in this episode I was 100% positive more than one popular character were going to die.

Also- Fuck Bran.
    Ha. For a small moment, the way the clouds were set up, I thought the White Walkers had arrived to Highgarden, and not the Dothraki.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

-Like Duke, I thought multiple characters were going to die this episode. Main ones being a huge Brienne of Tarth accident or Bronn/Jamie sacrifice with a dragon. Things really have been pretty easy for Arya this season.

-Littlefinger needs to hit the road quick. Now that he's dealing with magic, he just needs to head to where it's warm.

-Seriously did think the White Walkers were arriving to Highgarden instead of Dothraki. It made no sense, but I was pumped for that idea.

-Jaime, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, has really picked it up this season in terms of acting.

-About time Dany used her army to take down rival armies. And what a way to see it happen. Game of Thrones' war scenes are excellent at framing battlefield tactics.

-What's taking down the Dothraki at this point? White Walkers and the cold seem to be the only things that can do it.

-Hound needed.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Producer
    Love Cersei and the Iron Bank cackling together before Drogon happened to their gold.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast