Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iron Fist (Season 1)

I'm feeling better with each episode.

Yeah this is the reverse Luke Cage.

SO MAYBE THEY WOULDVE HAD A GREAT SHOW IF THEY MADE A HEROES FOR HIRE SHOW INSTEAD.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Now on ep6...directed by RZA. Thats interesting.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Yeah this is the reverse Luke Cage.
    Could you expand on this a bit more? Not quite sure how to interpret.

Luke Cage got worse and this got better. I didn't mean any more than that.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Luke Cage got worse and this got better. I didn't mean any more than that.
    Gotcha. I just didn't remember your feelings on LC.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Episode 6 was annoying. Bride of the Nine Spiders was butchered. They turned her into Joel Schumacher's Poison Ivy.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I've been alternating episodes between this and Into the Badlands. It really highlights how badly the fight scenes in this is filmed. Iron Fist cuts between shots with every move and sets most of the fights in dimly lit indoor sets that all look alike.

It's a really poor decision to make the fights in this gritty and close quarters like Daredevil. They should've differentiated them by going for a high-wire wuxia style. I thought that's where they're gonna go with it when they showed Danny jumping over the taxi. But nope.
    Movie Theater Diary

Three episodes in. This is not nearly as bad as it has been made out to be, but it's still the most unremarkable Netflix Marvel so far. I think part of what makes it kind of lame is that the main plot has been recently seen as a soap opera version in Arrow. I do like Jones as Rand, though. He's a lot better than the Luke Cage dude.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Three episodes in. This is not nearly as bad as it has been made out to be, but it's still the most unremarkable Netflix Marvel so far.
    Four episodes in, and this feels pretty accurate. Still digging it, and still don't feel it's even remotely as bad as its reputation, but it does feel like a noticeable step down from the other Netflix outings so far.

This... explains... a lot.

Quote Quoting Finn Jones
    When I first moved over to New York, before I started actually filming, I had three weeks of very intense martial arts and weight training preparation. But then unfortunately once the show started, the filming schedule was just so tight – I was working 14 hours every day, six days a week, days into nights, nights into days – and actually my schedule didn’t allow me to continue the training as much as I really hoped.

So really on my days off, I only had Sunday and half a day on Saturday off, I’d be in the gym and trying to keep up with being flexible and learning martial arts. But really, I was learning the fight scenes 15 minutes before we actually shot them because the schedule was so tight. So 15 minutes before the stunt director would talk me through the choreography and I’d just jump straight into it. It really was a baptism of fire and I just learned on the job and I’ve been doing it for 12 months now. With practise you just get better and better with dealing with that kind of schedule.
    Movie Theater Diary

Yeah, that is NOT how its supposed to be done. That being said, taking that into consideration makes me more respectful of what Jones did in those scenes. True, they reek of "taught an actor some moves instead of a martial artist some acting", but it was far from the worst examples of that I've seen.

Haven't seen the show, but this is awful:

Hmm? I cant see it.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Hmm? I cant see it.
    Sorry, here

https://twitter.com/BrianJNorris/sta...72574272114688

Ugh, yeah.

So I've reached the point where Rosario Dawson finally makes her appearance in this show, and all was well with the world again.

k, just finished it. Overall, I dug it. Interested to see where they go from here. And also kinda curious how, going into The Defenders, Daredevil is literally the only one of these guys who has a secret identity and actually wears a costume, while the rest just wear normal clothes. Wonder if that'll change come that series, 'cause otherwise, that might stick out as a little bizarre.

Just watched Episode 6. A step in the right direction. Overall, I find this series entertaining, and I like the leads, but I wish it had a more noticeable style and the fights were better.

One thing that I am curious about from the last episode, [
    ]

I didn't understand that either. Felt like a reel was missing.

I'm in the middle of episode 10 and kind of struggling to finish this. It doesn't help the cause that Better Call Saul opens tomorrow.

Maybe I'll just watch the ending.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12