Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1458

Thread: The Match Cut 2017 Political Thread (or: The Lord of the Leaks: The Trump Towers)

So riots are happening either way, right?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    So riots are happening either way, right?
    *sigh*

I'm more concerned with the George Floyd trial.

We had a group of 50 trouble makers a few miles out earlier this week. Fortunately, the cops had caught wind of it ahead of time and had the whole area saturated. They were going to use the Chicago riot as an excuse to hit the Walmart and Cub foods. They quickly learned that the Jerry's owned Cub foods had hired former Marines to help out when needed.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    *sigh*

I'm more concerned with the George Floyd trial.

We had a group of 50 trouble makers a few miles out earlier this week. Fortunately, the cops had caught wind of it ahead of time and had the whole area saturated. They were going to use the Chicago riot as an excuse to hit the Walmart and Cub foods. They quickly learned that the Jerry's owned Cub foods had hired former Marines to help out when needed.
    I'm very wary of what's going to happen that week after the election, no matter the result. Glad Minnesota (although unfortunate) that they've had to be on the defense. Is the trial going on already??

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Trial isn't until March.

I can't believe that the American public are letting Trump absolutely gut the post office out in the open to mess with mail-in voting. What happened to the US?
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Trial isn't until March.

I can't believe that the American public are letting Trump absolutely gut the post office out in the open to mess with mail-in voting. What happened to the US?
    Not so much gutting as it is blocking additional funding.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    What happened to the US?
    We voted lesser of two evils for decades based on campaign lies, each time swinging the pendulum further and further each way until a man-child racist reality TV pervert who was born with a silver spoon way up his ass and a power complex seemed like a good option to slightly less than one fourth of the country.

Well that's my perception anyway.
    Last edited by Skitch; 08-14-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The country missed out on Al Gore, John Kerry and Mitt Romney. Definitely not the more evil choice.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    The country missed out on Al Gore, John Kerry and Mitt Romney. Definitely not the more evil choice.
    I didnt say I voted those ways. I'm saying that's what the left and right voters have said, and used the royal "we" to someone who doesnt live here.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    The only problem with that is Trumps base agrees with his meltdowns. They're at home screaming yeehaw "hes ownin' them libtards!" And if Biden has anymore racial gaffs or stumbling mumbling random nonsense words the dems are gonna look even worse for those knuckledraggers who haven't decided yet between the two tickets.
    Doesn't matter - Trump's remaining base is gonna vote for Trump no matter what. Only thing that would change their minds is if Trump were to suddenly pull away a mask to reveal a black man underneath. Biden needs to forget about those folks and try to appeal to pretty much anyone to the left of them, which he could very effectively do so by presenting a collected demeanor to Trump's Bull-in-a-China-Shop flailing.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Doesn't matter - Trump's remaining base is gonna vote for Trump no matter what. Only thing that would change their minds is if Trump were to suddenly pull away a mask to reveal a black man underneath. Biden needs to forget about those folks and try to appeal to pretty much anyone to the left of them, which he could very effectively do so by presenting a collected demeanor to Trump's Bull-in-a-China-Shop flailing.
    Precisely. And don't try to appease twitter or the superleft.

What states change though?
    Michigan/Wisconsin/Pennsylvania/Missouri?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    If I remember correctly, Trump won the election via the electoral college. So Biden winning the popular vote is the likely scenario already.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

If I remember correctly, Trump won the election via the electoral college. So Biden winning the popular vote is the likely scenario already.

Yep. Biden would have to turn a few states. I think MI/WI/PN are the likely ones. Florida seems to be full red in my mind.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

As many times as I've watched this, I never noticed that there's a very small Bugs in Georgia. I thought it was a bug on my screen.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I'm voting Biden, but given what Lord Dampnut's doing to the post office, and now this from a credible source in CBS News, I truly believe he will find a magical way to stay our forever President after November.

Also, this:

Last edited by Ivan Drago; 08-17-2020 at 05:18 PM.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Every political piledrive I've had w/ Irish on match/cut.

Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

I think it's really adorable how much you guys obviously miss Irish. Even those of you who bitch and moan and seem to hold nothing but animosity towards him are feeling his absence. Don't realize how much verve he injects into this forum till he's not around.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    I think it's really adorable how much you guys obviously miss Irish. Even those of you who bitch and moan and seem to hold nothing but animosity towards him are feeling his absence. Don't realize how much verve he injects into this forum till he's not around.
    He's still here.

He is Skutch.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I mean, he gives me nothing but encouragement when I share my reviews here. He's got my eternal respect.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Yep. Irish/Skutch is good peeps.

So Irish took the basketball home?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    He's still here.

He is Skutch.
    Skutch, who is not Skitch, who might be Irish, but isn't likely Irish Irish, and who probably isn't either MadMan or DFA 1979, but could be all of us.

Why did he enter a chrysalis and come out as Skutch on the other side?
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I didn't even realize he peaced out. That video is the first thing I've posted here in weeks myself.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    *Shrug* I like Irish.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up