Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 1,226 to 1,236 of 1236

Thread: The Match Cut 2017 Political Thread (or: The Lord of the Leaks: The Trump Towers)

Replacing Luck Since 1984
    Not that this matters much in the grand scheme of things, but apparently Cohen testified that Trump told him to arrange payments ahead of the 2016 presidential election to silence two women who said they had affairs with Trump. Normally this wouldn't matter, and likely won't, but you think this would strike some sort of chord with the bible belt.

Just Watched
    A bunch of crap until Infinity War

Currently Playing | Played
    Windlands / The Division / Siege (Steam) ★★★★★
    Red Dead Redemption (PS3) ★★★★★

TV Show Currently Watching | Watched
    Star Trek: Discovery (S1) ★★★

Currently Reading | Read
    The Dark Tower (King) ...

Thoughts / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Not that this matters much in the grand scheme of things, but apparently Cohen testified that Trump told him to arrange payments ahead of the 2016 presidential election to silence two women who said they had affairs with Trump. Normally this wouldn't matter, and likely won't, but you think this would strike some sort of chord with the bible belt.
    Bible belters have made a deal with Trump that they'll ignore all his morality issues as long as he appoints ultra-conservative judges, which he's been doing by the dozen ever since he was sworn in. It's hypocrisy, to be sure, but when has that ever mattered to evangelicals?
    last four:
    jack reacher - 8
    ace ventura: when nature calls - 2
    first man - 9.5
    halloween (1978) - 9

now reading:
    steve jobs by walter isaacson

Letterboxd
    The Cruise Cruise - A Podcast About Tom Cruise

Replacing Luck Since 1984
    Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    Bible belters have made a deal with Trump that they'll ignore all his morality issues as long as he appoints ultra-conservative judges, which he's been doing by the dozen ever since he was sworn in. It's hypocrisy, to be sure, but when has that ever mattered to evangelicals?
    Good point. What I CAN see happening is if dems win the house at midterms, you can put money down they will be banging the drums for impeachment. That will not go well for Trump.

Just Watched
    A bunch of crap until Infinity War

Currently Playing | Played
    Windlands / The Division / Siege (Steam) ★★★★★
    Red Dead Redemption (PS3) ★★★★★

TV Show Currently Watching | Watched
    Star Trek: Discovery (S1) ★★★

Currently Reading | Read
    The Dark Tower (King) ...

Thoughts / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies

I'm leaning towards the opinion that, for the democrats, it is more useful to keep Trump in the white house until 2020, continuing to bang around like a bull in a china shop, making a huge mess, then in 2020, they will be well positioned to take control of the executive, and then, should the mid-terms go the way they're hoping they go and they get majorities in both the house and the senate, they'll be calling the shots, just like in 2008.

It's all a fucking game to these people.
    When I walk across the living room from my chimney to my window, it takes me 10 seconds, but for a bird it takes one second, and for oxygen zero seconds! -- Jean-Claude Van Damme

Normally this wouldn't matter, and likely won't, but you think this would strike some sort of chord with the bible belt.
    I can tell you exactly what my parents will say without hesitation, despite any/all proof whatsoever: "FAKE NEWS." This is the damage he has done to sanity.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.

Good point. What I CAN see happening is if dems win the house at midterms, you can put money down they will be banging the drums for impeachment. That will not go well for Trump.
    Dems have to be careful with that, because it could backfire if the evidence is flimsy enough to create doubt. Clinton's approval rating shot up to 70% after he was impeached because many (correctly) viewed it as a Republican witch hunt over lies about an affair. Certainly the same thing could happen to Trump.
    Last edited by Pop Trash; 08-23-2018 at 07:01 PM.
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Night of the Demons - 7
    Halloween H40 - 7
    First Man - 8
    A Star Is Born (2018) - 7
    Venom - 6
    Sixteen Candles - 7
    A Simple Favor - 7
    The Predator - 5
    The Godfather - 10
    Touch of Evil - 8

Quote Quoting Pop Trash (view post)
    Dems have to be careful with that, because it could backfire if the evidence is flimsy enough to create doubt. Clinton's approval rating shot up to 70% after he was impeached because many (correctly) viewed it as a Republican witch hunt over lies about an affair. Certainly the same thing could happen to Trump.
    Nixon had a 20 percent approval rating when he was forced to resign to avoid impeachment, whereas Trump has an approval rating of about twice that. And the Dow Jones average is doing great, in part because of Trump's tax cuts. There's no way he gets impeached before 2020, and unless the economy suddenly tanks, slim chance he won't get reelected. (Recall that Nixon won reelection in a landslide with the Watergate Investigations ongoing.)
    Just because...
    A Star Is Born (Bradley Cooper, 2018) mild
    Mekong Hotel (Apichatpong Weerasethakul, 2012) mild
    A Letter to Three Wives (Joseph L. Mankiewicz, 1949) warm

The last book I read was...
    Shame and Necessity by Bernard Williams

The (New) World

Jesus Christ I can't stop laughing at work.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950