Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Match Cut 2017 Political Thread (or: The Lord of the Leaks: The Trump Towers)

Why we should be writing journals.

Very interesting.

http://www.chronicle.com/article/Why...-You-to/240214

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Every single word, multiple times.
    And you honestly don't see any merit in anything I'm suggesting? War is literally the absolute only option, in your opinion?

Hopefully not war. But I believe we have to take and choose a side in this struggle. I've chosen mine. The one that's agains neo Nazis and bigotry. That's the only moral side to be on.

After the "fight" we can then talk about ways to make sure it doesn't happen again. But now is not the time to listen and discuss. It's the time for action.

Right now in America there are neo Nazis who are wearing a uniform fashioned after Trump's golf clothes and using a hand gesture he makes as a gang sign. You can sometimes win an argument with a smart person but you can never win an argument with a stupid person. Those people are stupid. They haven't earned the right to be heard.

Okay, so you've chosen your side, but if you say not war, and I noticed you even put quotations around the word fight, then what action is it that you suggest should be taken in this struggle?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The hyperbole one!!!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Okay, so you've chosen your side, but if you say not war, and I noticed you even put quotations around the word fight, then what action is it that you suggest should be taken in this struggle?
    Right nowdo whatever you can do. As things change, make changes accordingly.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    The hyperbole one!!!
    That would be the hyperbolic one. Come on, Duke. At least put the effort in your grammar if you're going to poke fun!

Right nowdo whatever you can do. As things change, make changes accordingly.
    This doesn't answer the question.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Something specific I've been doing is giving money to the community bail funds of black people being arrested for protesting and/or beating up alt-right people.

Here's the legal fund for the people who were arrested for vandalizing the statue in Durham: http://Durhamsolidaritycenter.org/bondfund

Here's the fund for Charlottesville antifa activism: https://fundly.com/solidarity-c-vill...ist-legal-fund

Not directly related to the current fight, but last week my partner and I just threw a fundraiser for these folks: https://brooklynbailfund.org. This is to help poor people in my community get out of jail when they're arrested, no strings attached. Raised a really good amount! We actually got married that morning and told everyone the fundraiser is the reception, lol. We insisted that our guests bring cash instead of gifts. I'm including it here in case some of you want to pitch in, too.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Anyway, I'm still kind of ticked off that the Tiki torch photos are the ones that went viral and get shown on television as an example of the Charlottesvilles white supremacists. I get that it's funny. It really was. And I think it's significant to ridicule these people any way you can.

But it's also harmful that when the city's residents were trying to explain that the city was under siege, the image that pops into most people's heads are those dorks in golf shirts armed with Lowe's products. When really, they're talking about the squad of racists that showed up in their town looking like this:

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

This doesn't answer the question.
    I cant tell people how to display their protest. I mentioned what I do now a few posts earlier and what I would do if things got worst a little later. What you do is up to you.

This isn't a situation that happened overnight, is what I'm saying. What's happening right now has been brewing for a number of years now. And in that time, both the left and the right have become more and more extremist in their views, and more and more vile towards one another as a result of that..
    What views do you think the American left hold that are extreme? Curious as a foreigner. The Democrats had a pretty right-wing candidate this last election.

I cant tell people how to display their protest. I mentioned what I do now a few posts earlier and what I would do if things got worst a little later. What you do is up to you.
    You plan on opening your house for those in need is equivalent to "fight"? That seems more like reaction than action and still doesn't answer the question. Doing your part, OK. But it's not going to resolve anything.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Anyway, I'm still kind of ticked off that the Tiki torch photos are the ones that went viral and get shown on television as an example of the Charlottesvilles white supremacists. I get that it's funny. It really was. And I think it's significant to ridicule these people any way you can.

But it's also harmful that when the city's residents were trying to explain that the city was under siege, the image that pops into most people's heads are those dorks in golf shirts armed with Lowe's products. When really, they're talking about the squad of racists that showed up in their town looking like this:

I wish I had a machine gun. So hard to get one in MA.

That's not a machine gun. That's a semi automatic rifle.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

The tall guy with the sunglasses looks like he had a Carbine. Wasn't looking at the AR-15.

The tall guy with the sunglasses looks like he had a Carbine. Wasn't looking at the AR-15.
    Same thing.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Machine gun:

Apologies. Automatic Rifle. Jessh.

I can elaborate later. Hate posting from my phone.

Apologies. Automatic Rifle. Jessh.
    I'll bet vital parts of my anatomy that it's a semi automatic rifle.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I'll bet vital parts of my anatomy that it's a semi automatic rifle.
    No you're probably correct.

Doesn't make me want a carbine any less, which is what I was referring to in the first place; Gun semantics aside.

No you're probably correct.

Doesn't make me want a carbine any less, which is what I was referring to in the first place; Gun semantics aside.
    If you seriously want one, and the local gun shops don't have any, check out gunsamerica.com. You'll just need to have it shipped to a FFL and pay a transfer fee, usually around 50 bucks. Any questions, shoot me a message.

Heh, I can't afford one right now. I'm finishing up a house rehab project. Granite measuring people are coming over today actually. But I'll keep that in mind. <3

As a guy who's seen Scar's gun collection, I would recommend that if Scar says it's an automatic rifle and not a machine gun, just accept it as fact.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast