Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1458

Thread: The Match Cut 2017 Political Thread (or: The Lord of the Leaks: The Trump Towers)

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Especially fuck the evangelicals.
    They are among the most hypocritical of this entire waterfalling cascade of hypocrisy.

I will never forgive Christianity for giving us Trump.

If there is a God, a heaven, and a hell, and Trump-style Christians go to heaven, I'd rather burn in hell.

There are rivers and lakes in California that you can swim in now, that, when my dad was a kid, were so polluted they would catch on fire during the summer months. With Trump-appointed asshole Scott Pruitt in charge of dismantling the EPA, this is what young kids have to look forward to in their future.

Rex Tillerson is dismantling the State Department, probably the most important and effective piece of the government in terms of preventing wars and working towards maintaining peace as much as possible in the world.

Jeff Sessions is giving massive amounts of money to the private prison industry, wants to throw more marijuana users in prison, wants to punish states where it's legal, and is working with ICE to break up families.

Then the entire administration blames all of our problems on immigrants and brown people.

The director of the CDC resigned because she was caught trading tobacco stocks while in the position.

Tom Price resigned for charging hundred of thousands of dollars to the tax payers for personal travel.

Zinke has done the same, but hasn't resigned yet. He will.

But hey! Those who have IRAs and 401ks are seeing their numbers go up! Right on! USA! USA! USA!

The administration ignored - twice - when Erdogan's bodyguards beat up US protestors on US soil. Let that sink in.

And now they're 100% anti-consumer, pro-bank/corporation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.65bc32a1f656

I will never forgive Christianity for giving us Trump.
    It's almost as if organized religion is not truly an investigation of the spirit and the mysteries of the universe, but rather a cynical social tool used to take possession of the minds and souls of large populations in order to efficiently mobilize them politically to act against their better natures and in support of the wealthy and powerful. Hmmm ...
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Good god, and I glad that I went to see First Aid Kit instead of watching the SOTU.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    It's almost as if organized religion is not truly an investigation of the spirit and the mysteries of the universe...
    This is what bums me out the most. For most of my life, I had amazingly great examples of Christianity in my life. Two parents, both ordained ministers, who encouraged the investigation of the spirit and the discovery of the mysteries of the universe through religion and secular study. I defended Christianity for decades because my experience was nothing but a positive one. Little did I know how totally and completely different my experience was to the vast, vast majority of other people who called themselves Christian, people who wouldn't recognize Christ on the street if he was homeless and needed help.

Now, no one in my family claims to be Christian. The religion is entirely morally bankrupt and absolutely useless. It has been completely hijacked by the extreme right, and is filled with hate and despicable people.

While I was growing up, my dad, as a pastor, had a super close friend who was gay. He hired the guy to help run the youth group at his church. They let me hang out with him, and he was the one who introduced me to Watership Down. This may not seem like a big deal, but in the early '80s it was. People still thought that gay guys were all child molesters. My parents never judged people in that way.

My parents supported marriage equality, and when it became legal they performed weddings for two lesbian couples. We had 3 gay couples at our church.

I thought this was normal, or at least that the the opposite was abnormal.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    That is:

a) not remotely true.
    b) ignoring some truly despicable behavior.
    What isn't true?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Shit is hitting the fan!

1. At any time, did you coordinate, communicate or consult with any member of the White House staff before, during or after the preparation of the Majority’s classified memo?
    2. At any time, did any member of your staff—Committee or personal—communicate or consult with any member of the White House staff before, during or after the preparation of the Majority’s classified memo?
    3. At any time, were you or any member of your staff—Committee or personal—directed, encouraged or influenced by anyone at the White House—including President Trump—to prepare and release the Majority's classified memo? I eagerly await your response to these questions, by no later than the close of business on Monday, February 5, 2018.
    https://quigley.house.gov/media-cent...itten-response

I'm not really referring to his State of Union. I'm referring to actual acts and facts from what he said he was going to do during his campaign, and what actually was done.

Actions to protect American workers - Well Underway
    Actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law - Well Underway
    Middle Class Tax Relief and Simplification Act - Completed
    End the Offshoring Act - Well Underway
    American Energy and Infrastructure Act Well Underway
    School Choice and Education Opportunity Act Completed
    Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act - Not Completed and likely will never be completed
    Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act Completed
    End Illegal Immigration Act Underway but lets see how Congress responds
    Restoring Community Safety Act Well Underway
    Restoring National Security Act Completed
    clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington Not Completed

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    What isn't true?
    Bored at work and just trying to wind people up? I'm not sure what you're after here. Does it need to be said that Trump has been thoroughly dishonest, racist, and deceptive? That he has operated as an open fascist? I'm not sure why you feel the need to let us know that you are 'impressed' by this man who basically does something weekly that would have disqualified someone for being president 20 years ago.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Bored at work and just trying to wind people up? I'm not sure what you're after here. Does it need to be said that Trump has been thoroughly dishonest, racist, and deceptive? That he has operated as an open fascist? I'm not sure why you feel the need to let us know that you are 'impressed' by this man who basically does something weekly that would have disqualified someone for being president 20 years ago.
    I think my previous post explains what I meant.

#MAGA!

Not sure what that means, but is that supposed to be in response to my post?

- - - - -
    That he has operated as an open fascist?
    Careful with that word.

I saw a factchecker of the vid that estimated averaged a lie every two minutes. The clapping at his own speech is especially bizarro.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Careful with that word.
    OK. I am comfortable using it.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

- - - - -
    That makes you ignorant or incendiary. I'm not sure which.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    That makes you ignorant or incendiary. I'm not sure which.
    Careful with those words.

Same here.

Also, look how much Trump is protecting the American worker!

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-billions.html

Irish in full on denial that Trump is operating like a fascist, or, at the very least, like a wannabe fascist.

"It can't happen here!"

Get with the program.

When the POTUS demands a loyalty pledge from the head of the FBI and DOJ, he's operating like a fascist.

When the POTUS talks about strengthening libel laws, and constantly and brutally attacks the first amendment and the free press, he's operating like a fascist.

When he stands by and allows foreign thugs to attack American protesters, he's acting like a fascist.

When he berates and disparages Americans for protesting, he is acting like a fascist.

When he praises other fascists, and wonders why he can't act like they do, he's acting like a fascist.

I'm kind of bewildered that this is a controversial statement.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Instead of picking a fight with Irish, why dont you respond to the current discussion instead of posting like this thread is your personal reddit sub.

Edit: happy 1000th post

Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast