Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The Match Cut 2017 Political Thread (or: The Lord of the Leaks: The Trump Towers)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Massachusetts, despite being a blue state, is very self-aware when it comes to race and diversity.

The city won't even let a Chick-fil-a open downtown.

Conversely, the constitution and free speech is also heavily supported which is why groups like this get permits.
    Last edited by Dukefrukem; 08-22-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Absolutely nobody should be remotely surprised that he thinks this:

Quote Quoting Donald Trump
    it’s just been announced that a second brand-new coal mine where they’re going to take out clean coal — meaning they’re taking out coal, they’re going to clean it — is opening in the state of Pennsylvania.”
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Absolutely nobody should be remotely surprised that he thinks this:

Ugh...

anyway it was a screenshot of wikipedia on Clean Coal Technology
    Last edited by Dukefrukem; 08-23-2017 at 03:05 PM.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I can't say it enough: he really is the worst person.

I always imagine that 15,000 people would look like more, especially if they were all crammed into a venue that only holds 5,000.

So apparently James Clapper just found out who Donald Trump was Tuesday evening.
    Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

Disappointing to hear this of Whedon's character, but honestly can't find it very surprising.

I find the loudest of the male allies are often the ones hiding something, similar to how many gay-hating politicians end up involved in scandals with Grinder or gay prostitutes.

I've personally known a few guys who were very vocal allies especially on social media, and it eventually came out that they were using it as a tactic to gain female friends in hopes of getting laid.

Which is so messed up on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

When a guy is constantly spouting about feminism and showing everyone around him how woke he is, it's a little nauseating.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Haha! That Nazi from that Vice video (who's being held right now for assault) was featured on an old Colbert Report.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/dvppp6...ee-keene-squad

I'm ashamed he's from New England. Though I was up North last weekend (near the Canadian border) and I was blown away how many racists are up there. Live Free or Die I guess.

Oh shit, cool. Catching up on my podcasts and didn't even realize my friend (one of the people I was worried about earlier in this thread because he was in Charlottesville) was interviewed on last week's episode Politically Re-active. He's super, super knowledgeable about American white supremacist groups, so if you want a primer on what that movement is all about, I recommend listening to him in the "Charlottesville: Why did this happen and how do we move forward?" episode listed third on here (he's the first guest):

https://www.politicallyreactive.com/

W. Kamau Bell says he sounds like Carlton from Fresh Prince which made me lol. Gonna have to rib him about that when I see him.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I find the loudest of the male allies are often the ones hiding something, similar to how many gay-hating politicians end up involved in scandals with Grinder or gay prostitutes.
    I ALWAYS think about this.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Which makes it really hard for someone like me, who genuinely cares about women.

Precious, sweet women.

Sweet... sweaty... nubile... women.

I spat out my drink.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

The following all just happened to occur as Harvey approaches landfall.

a) Trump makes official the transgender military ban.

b) Trump pardons Joe Arpaio.

c) Trump staffer Sebastian Gorka resigns.

I am so full of rage right now. If is see someone wearing a MAGA hat tonight I just might attack. Should probably stay in.

*Trump wakes up in the morning.*

"What's the absolute dumbest and most outrageously insensitive shit I could possibly do today?"
    Last edited by Wryan; 08-26-2017 at 02:10 AM.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Lifting limits on militarizing police. Because why would he not?

The running joke that he's just dedicated to undoing literally everything Obama fought for and put in place is no longer a joke. He's exactly that stupid, uncreative and malicious.

They describe much of the gear as “defensive in nature” intended to protect officers from danger.
    Oh. fuck. you.
    Last edited by Wryan; 08-28-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    The running joke that he's just dedicated to undoing literally everything Obama fought for and put in place is no longer a joke.
    Last week he issued an executive order to cancel out the Obama administration's order that public infrastructure needs to survive rising water in flood-prone regions.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...cture-projects

The timing is especially incredible.
    Movie Theater Diary

This is the kind of shit that's legitimately frightening to me. I don't think Trump consciously wants to be a dictator. I just think that he's too stupid, incurious, boastful, and enamored of "tough men" for any other option to work. Incidental despotism? Is that a thing? If it is, this is what it looks like.

Eh, I pretty much think that with this edict, along with his pardoning of Arpaio, as well as his Transgender Ban announcement a few days ago, that he's throwing meat to his last remaining hotbed of support - the fringe nut-job right. Pretty much everybody else has left him; he can't afford to lose these guys too.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Between last night's WaPo story, and today's NYT story, this whole Russia FAKENEWS is getting good!

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/u...lix-sater.html

Sater has flipped.

BOOM!

Cohen denied NYT story, so WaPo followed up with the punch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...c37_story.html

So far, the dossier has been more true than not...like way more true.

Everything's coming up urine-hookers.

--Homer

President Trump on Monday said he announced his pardon of former Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio as Hurricane Harvey made landfall in Texas because he “assumed the ratings would be far higher.”

“In the middle of a hurricane, even though it was a Friday evening, I assumed the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally,” Trump said during a press conference with Finnish President Sauli Niinistö. “You know, the hurricane was just starting.”
    What a fucking psychopath. Jesus christ, I wish him a painful death.
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Big Rumor time: NYAG is investigating the Trump Modeling Agency for human trafficking, and there are tapes implicating Trump and close associates. These European arrests are related.

https://www.europol.europa.eu/newsro...l-exploitation
    Claude Taylor tweeted fake details of criminal inquiries into Trump that were invented by a source whose claim to work for the New York attorney general was not checked, according to emails seen by the Guardian. The allegations were endorsed as authentic and retweeted by his co-writer Louise Mensch.

The source’s false tips included an allegation, which has been aggressively circulated by Mensch and Taylor, that Trump’s inactive fashion model agency is under investigation by New York authorities for possible sex trafficking.

The hoaxer, who fed the information to Taylor by email, said she acted out of frustration over the “dissemination of fake news” by Taylor and Mensch. Their false stories about Trump have included a claim that he was already being replaced as president by Senator Orrin Hatch in a process kept secret from the American public.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-claude-taylor

LOL

Yep. He got busted big time. Gotta get those sources.

Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast