View Poll Results: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

0 0%
  • Nay

2 100.00%

Thread: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (Paul W.S. Anderson)

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (Paul W.S. Anderson)

RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER

Director: Paul W.S. Anderson

imdb

... Well, this could have been good. And hell, despite some obviously dumb moments with the plot (a ticking time bomb in which 30 minutes remaining on the clock lasts for well over an hour in movie-time, which, mind you, isn't even playing out in real time), these moments honestly didn't even bother me, considering the movie I was going to see, and I still really dug the story, and I liked the interesting ideas they tried to incorporate, most notably when the movie becomes a full blown war film for a period of time.

However, what did bother me was how this thing was butchered to death and back again with some of the worst, most choppiest editing I've seen in any movie. Ever.

Seriously, none of the other movies are cut this way, so why suddenly go out on such an awful note where they needlessly ruin the movie with such indecipherable, hard to watch quick-cut editing all throughout? You can't even enjoy the film on a dumb fun level at that point. It just becomes frustrating to even watch.

Whoever edited this should seriously never be allowed anywhere near another film ever again. And no matter how bad any given element may get in any other movie, I don't believe I've ever had that reaction, where I literally felt the ones responsible should never be allowed to even work in the industry anymore, and yet that's how bad the editing in this movie is, by far the very worst I've ever seen in a mainstream release in my life.

I usually dig Paul W.S. Anderson's work because the guy has this ability to capture such awesome imagery and create these beautiful trainwrecks out of them that are just a joy to watch. But sadly, with this final installment, all we get is the wreck, and none of the joy or the beauty.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)

However, what did bother me was how this thing was butchered to death and back again with some of the worst, most choppiest editing I've seen in any movie. Ever.

Seriously, none of the other movies are cut this way, so why suddenly go out on such an awful note where they needlessly ruin the movie with such indecipherable, hard to watch quick-cut editing all throughout? You can't even enjoy the film on a dumb fun level at that point. It just becomes frustrating to even watch.
    This!!!!!!

It is very odd how terribly edited this movie is, because none of the other movies were like this. IT make it a chore to watch. Thoughts of Taken 2 come to mind. I liked revisiting the site of the first movie and tying back all of the dumb reasons that first movie existed. The past two RE films did a great job explaining the events. But the execution was just awful. I also liked how they introduced one of the more famous boss battles from Resident Evil 5 (the flying wasp thing). This movie made me want to back and revisit the first few films.

Makes me wonder what Sony is going to do with this franchise. IT still made $312 million WW making it the highest grossing RE film ever. No way they are going to let this franchise die.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Just rewatched Resident Evil: Retribution. And my god, that movie is still so damn awesome. It's truly mystifying how the same team somehow churned out The Final Chapter. Seriously wtf went wrong with that last movie??