Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

2 50.00%
  • Nay

2 50.00%

Thread: Krisha (Trey Edward Shultz)

Krisha (Trey Edward Shultz)

Trey Edward Shultz looks like such a nice young guy in his awards photos. Weird that he made this movie.

I'm surprised so few people saw this. It has a compelling trailer, 97% on Rotten Tomatoes, and reviews saying things like "Are we watching the emergence of America's next great filmmaker?" Unfortunately, I thought it was mediocre. While it sounds exactly like my kind of thing—an aggressively stylized chamber drama, using its fractured editing and discordant sound design to evoke the title character's anxiety and ultimate breakdown—I don't think it achieved what it was going for. Maybe it's because I was sick and distracted, but I never felt like I got to know its central subject, let alone any of the other characters or their relationships. All the style never really got into her head beyond what you see in the trailer, and the overly pointed dialogue and nonprofessional acting felt largely phony to me. On the other hand, it was a nice counterpoint to all the movies featuring free-spirited old people who are supposed to be endearing because they don't give a damn.
    I am impatient of all misery in others that is not mad. Thou should'st go mad, blacksmith; say, why dost thou not go mad? How can'st thou endure without being mad? Do the heavens yet hate thee, that thou can'st not go mad?

lists and reviews