Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

16 80.00%
  • Nay

4 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nocturnal Animals (Tom Ford)

What in the fuckity fuck did I blind buy here?? Wowzers, this is a picture. Half hour left

Huh...I didn't really get the ending? What is going on here?

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Huh...I didn't really get the ending? What is going on here?
    As far as I remember, the ending is basically Gyllenhaal's character's big fuck you to his ex-wife (Adams). Basically, she didn't think he had the ability to make it as a writer and she cheated on him, divorced, and remarried. Gyllenhaal then writes this "great" novel, the story of which is played out for us in the movie (it is possible that the novel has parallels to their real-life story, but it has been too long and I don't remember). She is engrossed and wowed by the book, and arranges a meeting with him, possibly with a view to reconcile given her current unhappy marriage. He stands her up. The end.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    As far as I remember, the ending is basically Gyllenhaal's character's big fuck you to his ex-wife (Adams). Basically, she didn't think he had the ability to make it as a writer and she cheated on him, divorced, and remarried. Gyllenhaal then writes this "great" novel, the story of which is played out for us in the movie (it is possible that the novel has parallels to their real-life story, but it has been too long and I don't remember). She is engrossed and wowed by the book, and arranges a meeting with him, possibly with a view to reconcile given her current unhappy marriage. He stands her up. The end.
    Okay, thats how I took it as well. Just making sure I didn't miss something. [
    ]

Maybe I'm looking for more than there is.

It's just a terrible ending for what was otherwise a really good movie beforehand. Hard to think of a movie that is like that.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

It did feel like they didn't know how to end it.

This may be my most hated movie ever. Just thinking about it makes my gorge rise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12