Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marvel's the Inhumans (IMAX/ABC show)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Marvel's the Inhumans (IMAX/ABC show)

Interesting that they don't just continue this in the Agents of Shield show.

But in Sept of 2017, we are getting a 2 week run of this show in IMAX, all shot on IMAX cameras. It will then premiere on ABC in the fall.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/26993/marv...ax_abc_in_2017
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Oh btw, it will showcase Black Bolt and the royal family!

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Probably for the best. This would cross over with AoS a lot better than it would with The Avengers.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

The also make a point to say we will see Cinematic visual events. Marvel maybe using some of their movie budget pocketbook here and distribute it over some of their other markets.

Eh, I doubt it. Their movie and TV are run by different companies that have a bit of bad blood between them. I mean, it sounds like they had to get IMAX to co-finance this.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I'd heard that before (from you) but I thought it meant exclusively the Netflix branch of Marvel TV. Agents of SHIELD, from the little I've seen of it, references the movie universe much more overtly.

That's just creative choices. The Netflix shows and the ABC shows are still both run by Marvel Television, which is part Marvel Entertainment. Marvel Studios is not.

By bad blood, I'm talking about the companies. There's corporate politics animosity between Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios. Last year it got so bad that Kevin Feige successfully got The Walt Disney Company to set up Marvel Studios as its own standalone entity within Disney that doesn't have to answer to Marvel anymore.
    Movie Theater Diary

I think that's what happened with Inhumans, actually.

Marvel's CEO Ike Perlmutter has been pushing the inhumans as a mutants replacement really hard on his divisions for the past couple of years, and I've seen that change on both AoS and the comics. He was the one ordering Feige to push up the Inhumans movie too. As soon as Feige doesn't have to answer to Permutter anymore, he pretty much scrapped the movie and took it off the Marvel Studios agenda, so now Marvel has to do it themselves by making it a TV show.
    Movie Theater Diary

We need a Namor: the submariner movie before an Inhumans movie anyway.

I would love a list of Marvel characters that Marvel Studios has the rights to and find out how many new characters we need...

There are so many characters, but makes me wonder how many of them deserve their own movie? It's like they already ran out of the known characters (to which they have rights to) so anything else they have to introduce in an ensemble film (like GotG) or introduce them in one of the already introduced character's movies.

Spider-Woman (probably owned by Sony)
    Manifold (X-Men?)
    Cannonball (X-Men?)
    Sunspot
    Starbrand
    Captain Universe
    Hyperion (Squadron Supreme)
    Nightmask
    Smasher
    Ex Nihilo
    Star Bolt/ The Imperial Guard (The Shi'Ar)

WARLOCK would be a good one too. And She-Hulk.

Fuck it, just buy out Fox on the Fantastic Four rights... straight up. Offer them whatever they want. Can that happen?

Cannonball would be pretty sweet if done right.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Cannonball would be pretty sweet if done right.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/tra...nline#/slide/1

Am I turning into Arya???

Nat Wolff eyed for Cannonball in Fox's New Mutants movie.

Looks like Marvel doesn't have those rights.

Happy Thanksgiving. Been thinking a lot about this franchise lately because I'm reading a ton of comics.

Spider-Woman (probably owned by Sony)
    Manifold (X-Men?)
    Cannonball (Confirmed Fox has rights)
    Sunspot
    Starbrand
    Captain Universe
    Hyperion (Squadron Supreme)
    Nightmask
    Smasher
    Ex Nihilo
    Star Bolt/ The Imperial Guard (The Shi'Ar)
    WARLOCK
    She-Hulk
    Firelord
    Cloak
    Nova
    Quasar
    Epoch

Villains I want to see/be introduced

The Watcher
    Eternity
    Lord Chaos
    Master Order
    Kronos
    Mistress Death
    Love
    Hate
    The Stranger
    Living Tribunal
    Galactus (Confirmed Fox has rights)

The villains I want to see:

Mr Sinister (afraid this won't translate well though)
    Mojo and The Brood
    Carnage
    Savage Island w/Sauron

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Cody Rhodes eyed for Black Bolt

So Inhmans got a show runner. And it's the Iron Fist's show runner.

Is it worth it to watch Agents of SHIELD? I watched the first four or five episodes back when it first came out and other than a great joke about fixing a lightbulb it was awful.

Apparently Season 2 is much better. But I couldn't make it there either. I stopped watching when they started using patton oswalt.

Producer
    Season 1's main fault is that it has to wait for Winter Soldier and the writers somehow failed to do interesting or fun build-up in between (To be fair, they managed to do a big twist that is legitimately surprising, I think actually around the time of Oswalt's guest appearance). But the tie-in finally gave the show a real stake, and then it truly became its own show in season 2, which has Kyle MacLachlan as its main villain; it's as wonderful as that sounds.

I think you can skip right to Season 2, or if earlier to see when it starts to get better, Episode 16 of Season 1.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Iwan Rheon cast as Maximus the Mad. That's terrific casting.
    Movie Theater Diary

Oh damn. Yes it is. Little bit of a type cast but I dont care. Perfect.

He's really good at diversifying, at least. Ramsay was completely different from the role he became known for in Misfits, and the whole time he was on GOT he was also a regular on Vicious playing a character who's the exact opposite.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Iwan Rheon cast as Maximus the Mad. That's terrific casting.
    Alfie Allen has just joined The Predator.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Anson Mount as Black Bolt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast