Thread: Timeless - Shaun Ryan, Eric Kripke (NBC)

- - - - -

Timeless - Shaun Ryan, Eric Kripke (NBC)

http://www.vulture.com/2016/10/nbc-t...ng-series.html

From Eric Kripke (Supernatural, Revolution) and Shawn Ryan (The Shield). Neill Marshall (The Descent, Dog Soldiers) directed the pilot.

The trailer doesn't it do the show justice--Timeless is good, goofy fun on the level of Quantum Leap, Sliders, and Legends of Tomorrow.
    Last edited by Irish; 10-05-2016 at 05:38 AM.

I was only half enjoying this for most of the pilot, but when I realized towards the end that [
    ], I think I'm hooked. The final scene was horrifying.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Oh yeah. The ending was a real kick in the head.

I also like that they go home at the end of the episode --- it's not another show like Quantum Leap or Sliders where people are trapped in the past, alternate dimensions, etc.

But my favorite thing is Malcolm Barrett's character, and the way he immediately reacted to even the idea of time travel. I like that the show doesn't dodge the racism in America's past & that it's an issue that needs to be addressed and worked around.

I've always wanted to see the Louis CK bit about black people finding a time machine be played out in a sci-fi movie or show, and it was pretty funny seeing it happen.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

is it just me, or is anyone else getting impatient with [
    ]

The seatbelt thing is great.
    Movie Theater Diary

love this show

fun ep for fans of devil in the white city too

i'm so excited this is coming back

Time travel? I'm in.