Quote Quoting Gittes (view post)
The robot uprising could manifest in at least two ways (we may see one or the other, or both). The destruction of the park and some kind of comeuppance for key figures in the upper echelon of the organization seems inevitable. Something on a much larger scale is also possible. Although, this would require some interesting creative maneuvering and, probably, time jumps. In that case, the show would reverse the balance: humans would be outnumbered by AI and certain figures from both sides would continue to elicit our interest and sympathy, albeit in different ways. I'm partly persuaded by this idea because of something I came across in an interview — something about the writers being interested in really changing things up from season to season.
Well, writers always say stuff like that in interviews. It makes the show sound more interesting. I'd take stuff like that with a grain of salt, though, especially in this instance. These are the same people who went deep into production on a show that cost $6-10 million per episode and shut down midway to finish their scripts.

I don't think it will play out because, again, conservative medium. If you deviate too far from what the audience expects they will abandon you.

If you resolve a central plot point, they still might abandon you.

Cf: Moonlighting, Twin Peaks, Battlestar Galactica (both versions), Lost, The Killing, etc.

I don't think this claim is borne out by characters like Ford, Dolores, and Dolores' father. The script provides key moments for us to consider the particular interest of these characters, and, in each case, the performances are adding other dimensions.
Well, it helps that the actors are actually human.

I found them to be playing toward the premise and not toward character. They aren't much in the way of characters (outside very broad Western tropes) because the pilot doesn't provide any greater context for them.

While premise is good, a good premise isn't the same thing as a good story.

It's not just Siri-esque automatism.
In the context of the show, that's the character though. She's limited by her script. She can only respond to things her creators thought of. It's a clever illusion of humanity, cf: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...assistant.html