Thread: Stranger Things (Season 1)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    One of the worst acted series in recent memory. I think Irish has kinda alluded to this.

Holy shit, love the soundtrack although it's almost too perfectly great, which I know is a weird thing to say. Lots of ideas taken from established properties but I was never a big Spielberg kid so it could bother me less. Felt just as much vibes from stuff like Lynch movies, It Follows, etc. I didn't really feel like I was beat over the head by the time period like I was when watching Super 8, and the kids all did pretty good I thought. Lol Winona Ryder was batshit but great. The show definitely caught me by surprise.

Quote Quoting slqrick (view post)
    I didn't really feel like I was beat over the head by the time period like I was when watching Super 8, and the kids all did pretty good I thought.
    The kids did so much better than those in Super 8, it's hardly even a comparison.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    The kids did so much better than those in Super 8, it's hardly even a comparison.
    I was actually thinking the exact opposite while watching this. Those kids in Super 8 are sooo much better than the kids here. :P

Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I was actually thinking the exact opposite while watching this. Those kids in Super 8 are sooo much better than the kids here. :P
    I watched them back to back, and I really didn't care much for the kids in Super 8, except for Fanning, of course, who is superb. It's not the kids' fault, either. It's just that the story is so paper thin and pointless that it barely registers emotionally, at least for me.