Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light is green!

10 47.62%
  • Light is red.

11 52.38%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters (Paul Feig)

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    In case you're wondering, that's 19 posts about McDonald's breakfast, 16 about Ghostbusters, and 4 about both McDonald's breakfast and Ghostbusters.
    Hey, I'm lovin' it.

In case you're wondering, that's 19 posts about McDonald's breakfast, 16 about Ghostbusters, and 4 about both McDonald's breakfast and Ghostbusters.
    This thread might be my favorite place on the internet to discuss this movie. XD

Fess up. Whats your McGriddle combo? Sausage egg and cheese all the way. It tastes weird with anything else.

- - - - -
    This is possibly the tastiest thread in Match Cut history.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Fess up. Whats your McGriddle combo? Sausage egg and cheese all the way. It tastes weird with anything else.
    Wait. You can order it different ways?

So how many different combos do I need to try now?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

THE POWER OF THE SAUSAGE PATTY COMPELS YOU!!!
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

By the way, she's a more defined character than Winston, right? I mean, there's not much there, but she's probably the one we got to know most about after Wiig's character. It's kinda weird to read criticisms that say they've regressed, when Winston was a dude who showed up halfway through the movie just looking for a paycheck and barely got any lines.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So how many different combos do I need to try now?
    Sausage, egg, and cheese.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    By the way, she's a more defined character than Winston, right? I mean, there's not much there, but she's probably the one we got to know most about after Wiig's character. It's kinda weird to read criticisms that say they've regressed, when Winston was a dude who showed up halfway through the movie just looking for a paycheck and barely got any lines.
    I completely agree with this. And I went into the movie as perhaps one of the biggest Leslie Jones skeptics there is.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

Bacon, egg, and cheese is my McGriddle of choice.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Hell, she's probably the most defined character in the whole damn movie, so I would say so.

It doesn't have the crisp that the McMuffin has.

McMuffin > McGriddle

I ain't afraid of no ghost. (KEEPS ON TOPIC)

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

If, instead of going to White Castle, Harold and Kumar really had a burning desire to go to IHOP, would that be a Sausage and Egg McGuffin?
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

If, instead of going to White Castle, Harold and Kumar really had a burning desire to go to IHOP, would that be a Sausage and Egg McGuffin?

Something must be wrong with the site. I keep refreshing, waiting for my rep points to show up and they haven't arrived yet.
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

IHOP has sausage and egg muffins? I'm not buying the premise of the joke here.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Who said anything about muffins?
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2

I haven't been to an IHOP in ten years (maybe 11). It was after a hard night of partying, and I threw up later in the morning. I blamed it on the eggs at the time, but in retrospect, I think it was the booze and hangover.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Something must be wrong with the site. I keep refreshing, waiting for my rep points to show up and they haven't arrived yet.
    Remedied, btw.

I actually always go for a simple sausage McGriddle. Fast food egg patties never feel right to me, cheese doesn't seem like a breakfast food (I know), and if I'm not going to have those, adding bacon to a lone sausage patty is just carnivorous decadence. I like the neat simplicity of the syrupy buns and the savory sausage. Real tasty. (And you gotta get dem hash browns)

So I have one (1) on-topic post in this thread: I have not seen Ghostbusters. Would go to a theater and see it if there were raves about it being funny and/or I wasn't so busy at the moment. I'll probably see it at home one day, and I'd like to give it a shot. Everything surrounding the movie is fascinating. If you poke a random commenter on a pop culture news site, there's a 50% chance you'll get the pre-scripted line "Why can't I talk about how this movie sucks without everyone thinking I'm a misogynist?" NPCs running out of dialogue.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Haven't had a McD's breakfast in a while but I finally got around to see this movie this afternoon and I enjoyed it!

Its rhythm is a bit sluggish initially but once McKinnon, Hemsworth. and (most surprisingly considering her deeply hit-and-miss history with me) Jones come into the picture, it picks up considerably. Not as laugh-a-minute funny as Bridesmaids or Spy and certainly without the attempts at depth of the former, but Feig's action setpieces have considerably more visual zest than anything in either of those (or The Heat, which to me is just categorically weakest of this run of films from him) and the dynamic amongst the leads toggles between effortless and oddly muted, but as a group they play especially well against a parade of confrontations from characters like the ones Andy Garcia, Cecily Strong, Zach Woods, Matt Walsh and Michael K. Williams play as much as any of the honestly impressively designed ghouls.

I just thought it was a breezy, colourful, and sometimes very, very funny ride of a movie. Nothing more, nothing that'll likely have the legacy of the original on its own merits, but if further installments manage to expand and strengthen what's already here, then it could definitely have a special place in the heart of this younger generation (and also, me).

As it is, it's almost admirably quaint considering its cultural stakes. Also, McKinnon's showcase action scene gave me chills and thrills in a way very few other moments in movies have this year. The fact that it felt like it was edited down a little too much might've just been coming from me wanting every moment to linger and for that bit to just go on and on.

Would watch again, would meet back with it all with potential sequels every few years.

*** / 6.7
    Last edited by Henry Gale; 08-04-2016 at 03:21 AM.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Oh also, McKinnon's showcase action scene gave me chills and thrills in a way very few other moments in movies have this year. The fact that it felt like it was edited down a little too much might've just been coming from me wanting every moment to linger longer and for the whole bit to just go on and on.

Anyway, easily the better movie where a team of misfits under the thumb of government agencies fights ancient spirits powering a big beam in the sky that I saw in the last two days. It's a shame Suicide Squad will likely make considerably more money.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast