• Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Hmm! Curious.

- - - - -
    This looks terrible because it's badly cast.

The kid doesn't have the emotional edge of Gibson. That role is the lynchpin of the whole concept and if the person playing it doesn't have crazy eyes, it doesn't work. Gibson, for better or worse, has always been a little fucked up and intense in everything he's done. This other dude looks like he just rotated in from Vampire Diaries or Supernatural or some other CW fantasy soap. I don't know him and I already dislike him.

Wayans is 55 but still looks too young to be mumbling, "I'm too old for this shit." That role needs authority and gravitas. A father figure. The character has teenage kids. He's pure stick in the mud. Wayans doesn't give off that vibe, and I don't think he could if he wanted to. His whole persona is too light, too comedic. Every time I see him I feel like he's a half second away from another one-liner.

I'm not one that thinks Lethal Weapon is some kind of sacrosanct property, but Jesus, why did they hobble it with these two clowns? I'll be shocked if this show makes it all the way through its first season.

Edited to add: Alternate universe fantasy casting-- Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie. You'd lose the Old Man Murtaugh angle, but those two have so much goddamn chemistry together, who cares? In fact, skip the TV show and just put the two of them in a half-dozen retro buddy-cop movies.
    Last edited by Irish; 05-18-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Irish pretty much summed up my reaction. You need to do better than that in the Riggs casting. That character was so unique. You can't force it.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

This actually looks worse than Mac and Dennis' version.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Irish pretty much summed up my reaction. You need to do better than that in the Riggs casting. That character was so unique. You can't force it.
    Sort of agree except i think wayans stands out more like a sore thumb for reasons explained by Irish.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I'll be shocked if this show makes it all the way through its first season.
    But... the last time FOX attempted to turn a beloved movie into a series was a rousing success.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I like Damon Wayans. I really like Bulletproof.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I was giving this a shot and was perplexed as to why it's so aggressively bad, when the opening credits rolled and the words "Directed by McG" flashed. Then it all made sense.
    Movie Theater Diary