26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

6 23.08%
  • Nay

20 76.92%

Thread: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I finally watched this. It's insultingly bad. Skitch said it's unfair that people are comparing it to classic duds like Howard the Duck or Barb Wire, and yeah, it's unfair because those movies are bad but they're at least fun. The endless barrage of expository scenes in this are edited together with no rhyme, reason or sense of pacing. And I even watched the extended cut because I was told, at least in that way, it was better!

Anything even remotely good about this film has to do with Affleck's Batman. The "death of the parents" scene, the Metropolis 9/11 scene, the Arkham-styled fight... Those were the only parts that gave me anything like what I wanted to see in a comic-book movie.

And agreed, the motivations behind the characters make my head hurt. Three hours of endless exposition and by the end it doesn't make any fucking sense! Batman wants to fight Superman because of the reckless destruction of the city, but as he progresses in his investigation and realizes LexCorp is behind some of the events the media is manipulating, he... what? Chooses to ignore that evidence? Superman wants to stop Batman because of the bat-branding (which is another pointless idea, why would Batman do something like that?) but then doesn't and he chooses to let him go with a warning. Lex Luthor... what does Lex even want? I guess they turned him into Wealthy Joker because they didn't care enough to give him motivation.
    Last edited by Grouchy; 04-05-2018 at 12:45 AM.