Silicon Valley (Season 3)

Sunday, April 24

"I'm a big fan"
    "Really of what? Metamucil? Polio? The phonograph?"

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Good opening episode. More setup than funny though.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

What the fuck is that thing? A vcr?

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    This show just keeps finding new ways to be so good.

At the end of the episode I audibly said "Ahaha ah, things just get worse and worse." Cue song with almost those exact lyrics, much to our amusement.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

This is incredible.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

The latest ep is their best episode this season. Insightful, very true, but also goddamn hilarious ("Is your refrigerator running? This is Mike Hunt.") You can go to the Pied Piper website to see the beta and see where Monica's reservation is coming from. I'm not sure this beta is going to go well for them.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Yeah, last week's was maybe the show at its best for pure sitcom-ness, but this week's was definitely the best blend of that with its actual impressive storytelling. I was going to come in here with the Jian Yang quote even before you did.

I think this was the first week I opted to watch it before Thrones, and even though the latter's was maybe even its best of this season for me too, I'm happy I did.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

I'm in awe at the scene between Gavin and Action Jack on the tarmac. Masterful comedy writing.
    Movie Theater Diary

I haven't made a thread for the current season yet, because I want to marathon it, but I just learned that T.J. Miller won't be on the next season. So this show might be dead to me.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/t-j-m...on-valley.html