Thread: Tales from the Crypt returns! (M Night Shyamalan)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    - - - - -

Tales from the Crypt returns! (M Night Shyamalan)

Quote Quoting Variety
    A new version of the HBO late-night anthology series will lead a new two-hour block of terror and suspense-themed programming for TNT, which will be curated by the Oscar-nominated writer-director. Plots for Tales from the Crypt will be based on William Gaines's original EC Comics along with new stories. It will not be based on the long-running HBO series.
    https://variety.com/2016/tv/news/tal...ck-1201674257/

I honestly don't know how to feel about this.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Question #1: Will the crypt keeper be back?

"Reilly told journalists at TCA that he does have a crypt keeper in mind for his project, but “we’ll save that for a later announcement.”

Unsatisfactory answer.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Question #1: Will the crypt keeper be back?
    This was my first question, too—but apparently, it could be a problem.

HBO owns the Crypt Keeper character. This new show doesn't have the rights, as the puppet et al isn't part of the original comic and the licensing around the Tales from the Crypt property.

They could always... you know.... buy the licensing rights can't they? Or pay royalties? (However it works)

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    They could, but why chain your new show to HBO? The Crypt Keeper would need to be in every episode. $$$$. TNT doesn't seem like the kind of outfit that would lay out for that.

The other thing I learned: Rumor has it that they're going with the original original version of "Crypt Keeper," who does exist in the comics, but as a weird old man. []

Also, this might be an anthology the way American Horror is anthology—one story per season, not per episode.

You guys never watched the Tales from the Crypt movie? He looked like this in it:

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    You guys never watched the Tales from the Crypt movie? He looked like this in it:

What do you mean "Tales from the Crypt movie" ?

There was a movie uutside of Damon Knight and Bordello of Blood?

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Bring on the HBO Crypt Keeper or just call it something else.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -

Not good enough.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter