Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Jones (Season 1)

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    She should smile more, too.
    YO.

damn girl
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    YO.

damn girl
    :thumbs up:
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

The show wrapped up just a bit too quickly near the end. The Dawson material sidelined Trish's emotional state after being manipulated, which would have been more rewarding within season one than connecting the universes. And while it's understandable that the Kilgrave business ended as it did, I'm depressed for Tennant's inability to reappear.

It'll be interesting to see if the Robyn character sticks around at all. Her arc late in the first season, where she urged the other survivors to her position, made little narrative sense, even if it was necessary to get Kilgrave back into the open.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    It'll be interesting to see if the Robyn character sticks around at all. Her arc late in the first season, where she urged the other survivors to her position, made little narrative sense, even if it was necessary to get Kilgrave back into the open.
    The scene with Robyn at the diner was the worst in the series. Poorly written and unconvincingly acted. I winced the whole way.

That said, I found Robyn and Ruben to be totally fascinating. I mean, it takes something to be the creepiest fraternal twins on television.
    ...and the milk's in me.

It's a testament to David Tennant's incredible talent that he can make such a detestable, rotten character so entertaining to watch.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I'm finding the inconsistency of her strength to be very frustrating.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Needs more Luke Cage.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Their romance is very well done. I'd be sad if Jessica doesn't have a major role on his show.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Glad there was some (albeit minor) explanation behind her immunity.

I was about to write this show off when that came up.

Hogarth and Pam's little spat in the interrogation room was pretty silly.

Still loving the show but there are some scenes and exchanges that make me wonder if they read their scripts over before sending it to shoot.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I wish Krysten Ritter was just a tad bit sexier.
    I know this is petty, but I'm 18 minutes into episode 1 and you gotta be out of your freaking mind.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    I was litteraly just now responding to someone on another forum who complained about her "ugly nose and small boobs".
    Quit talking to dumb dumb blind folk. She might be distractingly too good looking. Maybe.

It's funny because if you hang out in comic book forums, when they first made the casting announcement months ago, everyone was complaining that she's way too hot to play the character.

Ya can't win as a woman.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I know this is petty, but I'm 18 minutes into episode 1 and you gotta be out of your freaking mind.
    She's got a sour look on her face throughout the entire show.

I'm just asking for a tad bit sexier.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I can't tell if you're just purposefully trying to rile people up or if you really do not understand why we're being grossed out by you asking for a sexual assault survivor to look more attractive. I always want to give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Movie Theater Diary

Ya can't win as a woman.
    True! I read a great tweet (cant remember who posted it) that said " started watching Jessica Jones. All about girls doing girls things and the guys are all eye candy or mean or... Oh, that's what that feels like."

Only watched one ep but I love that aspect.

I can't tell if you're just purposefully trying to rile people up or if you really do not understand why we're being grossed out by you asking for a sexual assault survivor to look more attractive. I always want to give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Because that's what I'm asking for? The sexual assault survivor to be more attractive? Or the lead of a TV show to be a bit more sexy? You should be an interpreter.

I would be very bad at it because I am confused right now. I'm just... gonna let this go and back away.
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Because that's what I'm asking for? The sexual assault survivor to be more attractive? Or the lead of a TV show to be a bit more sexy? You should be an interpreter.
    The story is about sexual assault and rape. You're complaining that the lead female character isn't attractive enough for you.

That reads as gross, Duke.

I wish the rape scene in Irreversible had better lighting and angles so I could see it more clearly.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    The story is about sexual assault and rape. You're complaining that the lead female character isn't attractive enough for you.

That reads as gross, Duke.
    First, I dont even know what you're talking about. If it has something to do with what happens later in the series, I'm not there yet, so thanks for spoilers.

Second, it boggles my mind on the leaps in logic MC makes sometimes.

- - - - -
    First, I dont even know what you're talking about. If it has something to do with what happens later in the series, I'm not there yet, so thanks for spoilers.
    This is established in the very first episode of the series. Not to mention every one of the hundreds of articles, reviews, think pieces, and promotional puff that's been written about the show.

So, not a spoiler.

Second, it boggles my mind on the leaps in logic MC makes sometimes.
    This isn't so much a leap in logic as common sense.

To pick up on Davis' post—when someone mentions Irreversible, do you talk about how much Monica Belluci's tits popped in that dress? Same sort of thing.

If you still don't get it, ask your girlfriend. Or your mother.

Are you one of those people that got offended about Seth Macfarlane "we saw your boobs" song too? You are perpetuating a sucking internet Irish.

And I don't recall ANY rape mention in Episode One relating to Jessica. Just scenes that implied it with Hope.

- - - - -
    Dude, I'm perpetuating the suck? Did you seriously just say that to me?

What's wrong with you today? First you pick a fight with Skitch over the Batman vs Superman trailer, now this. What gives?

All I fucking said was I wish she was cuter......... And this is what it blew up into. That's like, the definition of internet suckage to the T. People picking and prodding of the deep meaning behind my post.....and how gross I am.... I mean WTF?

And All I wanted from Skitch was to actually explain what he meant; why was he still excited for BvS. Where exactly is the fight there??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast