Thought this would drop further in rating on rewatch, but I find the strength of the book (my favorite of the three) is such that even split into two parts and saddled with weak one-note execution, it's still faintly effective enough for me from its core story. Plus, the remove of time has put an interesting spin on the director's exceedingly grim, "realistic" tone (opened with a bruised neck and painfully coarse voice from being strangled; the bullet that hit Katniss leaves a large black-and-blue mark), which feels almost admiringly perverse for a popular blockbuster franchise closer, even if I don't find it successful by itself. Ideally, this should have been one entry with its tone a mix of the whole franchise, having the first two films' faster-paced, comparatively more colorful palette being suffocated by the increasingly despairing tone of the last two. The story beats would have been more impactful instead of the audience being numbed by a single tonal key. Oh, and (a lost cause by now) preferably with less hedging and less focus on the love triangle that the films choose to stress way more than the book too. 6/10