Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PIPin' Ain't Easy: The Fallout 4 Thread

Yeah, I don't want the dog to get hurt, but it puts itself in bad positions every time. GRRRR....

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I thought Dogmeat was invincible in this one?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

He is. But hearing him get hurt is hard on the soul until you remember he is Super Dog.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    He is. But hearing him get hurt is hard on the soul until you remember he is Super Dog.
    Somewhat comforting, but I don't want to have to use a Stimpack either.

I'm in trouble though. I'm filled with Radiation after trying to close some drains on a silly mission, and I have no RadAway. I'm near the beginning of the game. Need to find some.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Somewhat comforting, but I don't want to have to use a Stimpack either.

I'm in trouble though. I'm filled with Radiation after trying to close some drains on a silly mission, and I have no RadAway. I'm near the beginning of the game. Need to find some.
    He regenerates like Wolverine. I've burned a few on him, but it is not necessary.

Try finding a vendor, they might have some. I have to go back and do that mission now that I have a Haz Mat suit.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I think I may have blasted through the entire Season Five of Walking D Dead too recently. I'm probably about 7-8 hours in to the game, and I've stepped out of Sanctuary, maybe twice. All I want to do is fortify the town against raiders.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    I think I may have blasted through the entire Season Five of Walking D Dead too recently. I'm probably about 7-8 hours in to the game, and I've stepped out of Sanctuary, maybe twice. All I want to do is fortify the town against raiders.
    While I'm the opposite. Dog Meat and I have been scrounging the wasteland for hours, made it to Diamond City, and have got my sniper rifle upgraded to .50 calibre, baby!

And a mod'ed up combat rifle. Now I just need to get a high enough level to get the Level 3 Gun Nut perk.

I've sunk 25 hours into this game already and I haven't completed a single main quest. All I have done is made it to Diamond City, and helped settlers around the Commonwealth. I have around 15 settlements now. Four with 10 people and Four with Artillery. (The Castle, Red Rocket Truck Stop, Sanctuary, and a Farm that I can't remember the name of) My Castle and Red Rocket Truck Stop are completely fortified and dominating.

I also found my Second power armors. I have One upgraded with the Charisma Paint. Trying to find armor for the 2nd.

This game is so fun.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I finally ventured south of Concord, to that big factory. Turned on the classic station as I started clearing the place out. It was sublime. Didn't get all the raiders killed, as it was starting to get late, so I hope to remove the rest of them tomorrow. But yeah, totally loving this game. This is gonna last me through winter, for sure.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Same.

Here's a great video on handholding in large open worlds like this.

Yeah, I'll be playing this for awhile.

Remember bac0n, when you get that suicide super mutant running at you with the mini nuke, don't panic, just shoot him in the arm with the nuke and watch the pretty explosion.

Of course, you should get nuked by one eventually, so you can get the trophy.

Hey Maw! I got blownsed into a thousand bits by a super mutant, but look at this totally cool trophy!

Hey Maw! I got blownsed into a thousand bits by a super mutant, but look at this totally cool trophy!
    First time I came across one, I emptied a clip into his chest but he kept coming, so I came across the trophy honestly.

Never again, mother fucker, never again. Its awesome to blow him up when he's close to his buddies.

Have we got ourselves a new Angry Karl?

Have we got ourselves a new Angry Karl?
    Not for me. They're easy to dispose of. Unless, on the off chance you meet one danger close.

Finally made it to Diamond City last night, and my first thought: wow, Duke's head musta sploded when he first walked in.

Finally made it to Diamond City last night, and my first thought: wow, Duke's head musta sploded when he first walked in.
    Heh I was picking it apart in my head: "No Cask Sign"... No Pesky Pole, No 406 club....

Finally got my second power armor. Raider power armor that is.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    So I don't have a PS4 yet or a computer that can run this game so I've only played at my friend's house. But I'm up to about level 17. I am a melee tank. I think in my fourth or fifth playthrough of 3 I got really into melee and knew this time that's what I wanted to do. I am already up to 10 strength and I usually always wear power armor. I got Grognak's axe which was like 70 power and about 5 minutes into having it I killed a crazy legendary super mutant and he dropped an electrified sword that has 95 damage and like 30 energy and has a perk that it does 50% more damage to super mutants. So now I one-shot super mutants when I run at them. It's awesome. I got a girl companion that uses my other set of power armor and she now has grognak's axe and we destroy super mutants for fun.

When i do finally get it myself I'm sure I'll do more mission and settlement stuff but since I have limited time I just go melee crazy.

It's good that you mention melee. Because I typically play tanks style in MOST RPGs. In 3 and NV I NEVER meleed. But I'm finding it real fun to add bayonets to any weapon and then meleeing people to death with them. I may have to reconsider my upgrade tree.

I always start with rifleman, but usually go melee on a subsequent play through.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Melee is super fun in this game. And from what I can tell a little easier since I'm able to take out suiciders in one blow and took out swan before he could get up.

Went headfirst into the Raider Chemical Plant.

These guys are a lot tougher than the previous game. They are aware of their surroundings, and will wait all day for you to come at them. They take cover, and it's better to keep them inside instead of taking the fight outside.

Had to leave some power armor in the Commonwealth. Hoping nobody touches it.

Meanwhile, cleaning up a city for some of the Stranded. Still prefer the gas station as my own home in case the Stranded get destroyed. They're mostly useless.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I've had settlers take my power armor. I had to ask them to give it back.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast