Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PIPin' Ain't Easy: The Fallout 4 Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Giantbomb lowered their score a whole level for the console version, saying its near broken.

Apparently the frame rate is so bad, in open areas with several enemies it dips to the single digits.

Anyone experiencing these issues yet?

I was gonna buy it, but after I read that I might not until some patches and fixes come out.
    I feel bad for anyone playing any Bethesda game on console.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I now have five settler sites and I'm working on exploring my sixth.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I feel bad for anyone playing any Bethesda game on console.

Why? Because of the bugginess?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Why? Because of the bugginess?
    Because he's part of the PC master race.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Because he's part of the PC master race.
    This.

Yuck.

Ain't gonna lie, Skyrim was buggy as hell, but still I loved the shit out of that game. I didn't play Fallout 3 until it had been out for two years, so I benefited from all the patches that had been released for it after release, and as such, I had no problems running it whatsoever. Can't remember a single crash, truth be told.

All told, I'm willing to cut Bethesda a little slack with the jankiness of their games, just because they tend to be so ambitious. Played for about 3 hours last night and not a single glitch, tho I just admit, the beer I was drinking was delicious.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

This.
    I forgot to add 'Glorious'.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I forgot to add 'Glorious'.
    It's implied.

Save often! I remember a few crashes in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but would mostly occur in a random site that was pretty remote. It wouldn't be too hurtful because I saved almost after anything that I found to be significant because it saved fast.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Last edited by Dukefrukem; 11-13-2015 at 12:44 PM.

And because I can't add two videos in post:

One thing we're taking for granted, at least I was until I became self ware just now, is how colorful Fallout 4 is compared to FO3 and NV. The color pallet has improved 10 fold.

I'm really happy they steered away from brown grays that have plagued opened world games for years.

So is it true the shooting has improved to the point where you can play it more as a shooter and not rely on VATS?

So is it true the shooting has improved to the point where you can play it more as a shooter and not rely on VATS?
    Eh. I do play more FPS than previously Fallouts, but you still should use VATS.

Dusted off the power armor to take down a mutant held satellite outpost responding to a Brotherhood of Steel beacon. A legendary mutant hound, a legendary mutant, and a suicide bomber were a touch of a challenge.

But if you get them close together, shoot the suicide bomber in his arm with the nuke, and enjoy the fireworks.

I know the classical music setting on the Pip Boy gets repetitive, but when you're sneaking into a battle with In the Hall of the Mountain King playing, its just all kinds of awesome.

I have collected over 20 power cores. So I am very happy. I also have painted my entire power armor with the charisma feature. Very nice.

I think my game is bugged in the sense where I cannot assign anyone to tasks at any of my strongholds.

PIPin' Ain't Easy: The Fallout 4 Thread

I have collected over 20 power cores. So I am very happy. I also have painted my entire power armor with the charisma feature. Very nice.

I think my game is bugged in the sense where I cannot assign anyone to tasks at any of my strongholds.
    Think I'm at twelve. Found the top end chest piece for it, too. There's a polymer lab (I think) where you get locked in and have to finish the experiment to get locked out.

Edit: and I've got two spare power armor frames, too. :lol:

Want to meet a DeathClaw and an ALPHA DeathClaw? Sound the siren at the top of the tower at Lynn Woods.

That pie chart is precisely how I am playing right now.

Fallout 4: The Quest for Adhesive

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast