Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PIPin' Ain't Easy: The Fallout 4 Thread

PIPin' Ain't Easy: The Fallout 4 Thread

You asked for a Fallout 4 Thread, you got a Fallout 4 Thread!

So, it comes out this week. Anybody have any clue as to how they'll play? Me, I'll play like an Eagle Scout like I always do, Scar and Spun will take whatever road it takes to let them nuke a town. Who else?

Oh, and I got the special edition with the PIP Boy arm thingie. I'll letcha all know what I think of it, to be sure.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I'm a wanderer. Just like the commercial. I collect as many quests as I possibly can and listen closely to the dialog on where they may be pointing me to.

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'm going to start playing and drinking, and see where my mood takes me....
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I'm usually waiting to come across some village in need of a hero.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    I'm going to start playing and drinking, and see where my mood takes me....
    This is what I want to do...

Man, I want to play this.

Leaving work at 11 to play. That's right. I drove into work this morning for 4 hours.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Brewing coffee and watching the intro.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

So I didn't follow the development of this... but I wasn't expecting the building your base aspect. Nor was I expecting the power armor aspect. I'm a little confused on whether I should be building my homestead now or wait. I'm also finding it difficult to keep my armor powered and repaired. Should I keep it hung in my garage for now? Ugh.

I also do not really like the perk scaling. It seems I can choose anything I want to upgrade right out of the gate as long as I have a few stars. Unclear how many points I will be able to get to upgrade stuff.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So I didn't follow the development of this... but I wasn't expecting the building your base aspect. Nor was I expecting the power armor aspect. I'm a little confused on whether I should be building my homestead now or wait. I'm also finding it difficult to keep my armor powered and repaired. Should I keep it hung in my garage for now? Ugh.

I also do not really like the perk scaling. It seems I can choose anything I want to upgrade right out of the gate as long as I have a few stars. Unclear how many points I will be able to get to upgrade stuff.
    I've barely touched the power armor and homestead, outside of building a few beds and a chair for Sanctuary. I have begun hoarding power supplies for the Power armor though. Granted, I only have a few so far, I think. Played several hours today.

Where are you finding power supplies?

Found one in a rather irradiated location, another on a quest with a Brotherhood of Steel guy, and I don't recall the third. Was playing with a migraine.

I have four total. One was at the mass fusion containment shed, I believe. Due east of sanctuary, about halfway across the map.

I gotta keep my eyes open. I'm just exploring at the moment. Anything pops up on my radar or in the distance I just walk to it.

Wandered to a greenhouse and got destroyed by some flying fuckers. Might dust off the power armor tomorrow and check it out again.

Lol yeh I know that area.

I see a satellite dish near a quarry. That's my next adventure.

Whoa, you can build a house? I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time tooling around and making my post-apocalyptic dream home. With waterslides!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I tinker armor and weapons. The household will be one of the last things I do. Need me a sniper rifle....

Giantbomb lowered their score a whole level for the console version, saying its near broken.

Apparently the frame rate is so bad, in open areas with several enemies it dips to the single digits.

Anyone experiencing these issues yet?

I was gonna buy it, but after I read that I might not until some patches and fixes come out.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Hey, it's a Bethesda open world sandbox RPG. I've come to expect the occasional slowdown and weirdness for the first few weeks.

Speaking of Bethesda, it's 4 years to the day since Skyrim was released and subsequently sucked my social life away. And sometime today, Fallout 4 is gonna show up on my doorstep, and here we go all over again.

Yeah they've always been buggy but it sounds like this one is extra super broken.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

The two things that bum me out the most are the limited dialog options, and the fact that the game still loads when you enter/exit buildings. By the time I was done with Skyrim on the PS3, it'd take anywhere from 20-40 seconds to load each time I entered or left a building.

I would think that they'd have fixed that for this one, but apparently not.

I will probably wait for a few patches before picking this up.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Giantbomb lowered their score a whole level for the console version, saying its near broken.

Apparently the frame rate is so bad, in open areas with several enemies it dips to the single digits.

Anyone experiencing these issues yet?

I was gonna buy it, but after I read that I might not until some patches and fixes come out.
    Not one bit.

The only glitch I've experienced in my nine hours of game play is when I shot a guy in the head while he was partially in cover (his head was not) and he launched and bounced off the wall like he'd been hit with a howitzer. By this time in New Vegas, the game had completely crashed ten times.

Are the Fallout games the sort of games where every building can be entered and fully explored? For instance, this tower is in the game itself, but is this generally something that you can also explore at will, going to the top floors or are the games restrictive in that not everything is possible?

[+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]