Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season 3)

Great episode, but wow, all the Secret Warriors hype was such trolling.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    damn... shit got real
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Brett Dalton is killing it.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Brett Dalton is killing it.
    And he was SO DULL the first season. Born to be a villain, that one.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Producer
    Chloe Bennet shines more and more the past two seasons as well, when she has meatier material to play. The scene when she almost chokes Fitz is such an intense mix of various emotions that it's a bit unsettling for me.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Pretty outstanding finale.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Producer
    So good. Best finale so far. Last season's was really good too but pacing was off; this one is so focused and involving. And want to say again how Bennet has grown into the role. She has to carry a large part of these episodes and nails it.

That last conversation in space makes me favorably think of AoU's Vision/Ultron one in the forest. Great send-off for Ward/Hive/the actor.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Very sneaky out at the end with the introduction of LMDs. It allows them to not only possibly keep Brett Dalton, but hey, how about Hayley Atwell in the modern day?
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Very sneaky out at the end with the introduction of LMDs. It allows them to not only possibly keep Brett Dalton, but hey, how about Hayley Atwell in the modern day?
    can't wait for inevitable "coulson's dead!" cliffhanger followed by finding out it was an lmd

i mean, i genuinely can't wait

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Are they really bringing Ghost Rider to next season??
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Damn great opening episode to season 3. I'm off work until Jan 2nd btw, so expect a lot of episode by episode reaction from me.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

You've got a lot to catch up on!

Oh shit! When the portal blew up, I thought that was it. But Fitz saved her that mother f@@ker. He done did it.

So is it just me, or are the fight scenes in this show much better and much more frequent than any of the Netflix Marvel shows?

Ming-Na Wen and Chloe Bennet kill it. Are these CGIed student doubles?

I feel like I mention that frequently in the Netflix show threads. I know I did in the Iron Fist thread. I think people who don't watch just don't believe it or something. Hell, many of the shootouts are way better staged than any of the gun fights in Punisher.

This show has much better production values in general than any other comic book show. Better acting, too.
    Movie Theater Diary

Dunno about the acting. It can get super campy sometimes in AoS. Especially with a lot of the 2nd tier characters.

The writing can be campy, but that just means the actors have more to play with and are able to show more range than the tortured stuff they give the Netflix peeps.

Iain de Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge are terrific. You're watching the season where I think they did some of their best work.
    Movie Theater Diary

Yeh those two have been my favorite dynamic through the 2+ seasons I've seen so far. And they just pulled Simmons out of that portal so she's showing some range here like we haven't seen before.

Most of the camp recently came from Ruth Negga. I was happy to see her go.

That episode on the alien planet was excellent.

And the next episode... Powers Boothe!

Oh shit! They finally kiss!!!

Oh shit. [
    ]

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    That episode on the alien planet was excellent.
    That episode was craaaaaazy.

LOL. "The letter that look like New Hampshire with legs, that's D right?"

Da

Oh shit, they wrote Bobbi and Lance out??? DISLIKE

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Oh shit, they wrote Bobbi and Lance out??? DISLIKE
    That was back when they were set to get their own show, but that never happened.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast