Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
Watched the pilot episode. Sure, I'm gonna see it through. It's got some cool vibes, the music is very pulsating. Is that even a word? I'm using subtitles, but funniest thing is that when I saw Slater's arcade for the first time, I just ignored the subs and dialogue and tried to spot as many arcade games as possible.
I....I thought it was merely solid. It has some cool vibes, it's definitely not pandering to the lowest common denominator, but it has a cold, detached veneer that may very well be in tune with what this show is about for the most part, but I didn't find that as engaging as I had hoped. I mean, I pretty much fall quickly in love with a lot of new shows if the ratings are strong, but I'm not at that point right now.

In the end, I just wasn't itching to start a new episode, but I also never wanted to give up on it. The twist at the end with that guy and that girl, well, shit, that probably wasn't the greatest ever either. It felt unneeded. They have a heist too and in its favor it's not what you'd expect, but I sure expected something more absorbing given the huge things these folks were about to do. I never expected a thrill-a-minute ride, which is great, but this just didn't stir me.