Thread: Apple Music

Apple Music

I thought this had been out already, but apparently it's new and a game changer?

Can anyone tell me what's new?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I haven't read a single article where they mentioned it being a game changer. They are giving a three month free trial (solely to get people to leave Spotify) and are paying musicians slightly more than the other services but otherwise from what I've read it's a less functional version of Spotify.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

The ability to have your itunes music play in your stream is very appealing, especially for Beatles albums and live stuff I've downloaded that can't be found on spotify.

But I think Apple is really missing the boat on playlists and the ability to share them with others. Some of the best music I've discovered on Spotify has been from playlists I've found from random strangers or from friends.

Apple instead is offering playlists from "professional DJs" which I don't give a shit about.

Staying with Spotify for now, but will prob give the 90 day trial a whirl since it's free.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Quote Quoting Benny Profane (view post)
    The ability to have your itunes music play in your stream is very appealing, especially for Beatles albums and live stuff I've downloaded that can't be found on spotify.

But I think Apple is really missing the boat on playlists and the ability to share them with others. Some of the best music I've discovered on Spotify has been from playlists I've found from random strangers or from friends.

Apple instead is offering playlists from "professional DJs" which I don't give a shit about.

Staying with Spotify for now, but will prob give the 90 day trial a whirl since it's free.
    Yeah, in my small time with Apple Music, it's much more complicated to navigate around, the DJ playlists you're talking about are as standard as it gets, and it's basically all top 50 type.

It is definitely faster to download music, and no ads sure is nice. Will there be ads after the free trial? I swear for spotify it feels like every 4th song now.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Spotify is no ads with the paid version which is the same way Apple Music will be.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+