Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Upcoming Film Discussion Thread?

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Also, Cars sells a ton of merchandise.
    yep. my marketting major friend mentions it might be the biggest saler in term of merchandise.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I find it really odd that, of all the wonderful Pixar films there have been over the last decade, Cars is the one getting a full-steam-ahead sequel at the moment.

Wasn't the general consensus among critics and audiences alike that Cars wasn't very good?
    also, i think, it's pixar hubris. they can't admit they make a bad film, so they gonna try and try. kinda cute, really.
    "Over analysis is like the oil of the Match-Cut machine." KK2.0

According to IMDb, this is shooting (as of August 2009)!

Quote Quoting IMDb
    Untitled Takeshi Kitano Project (2010)

Cast

Takeshi Kitano
    Ryo Kase
    Kippei Shiina
    Tomokazu Miura
    I'm always worried Kitano's just not going to make another film, so yay!

Looking forward to getting more info on that. No idea where he is going to go after his "trilogy."
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    Looking forward to getting more info on that. No idea where he is going to go after his "trilogy."
    A little digging turned up this.

Director Takeshi Kitano has revealed some details about his next movie, which is already in production. Currently untitled, this one will mark a return to his violent yakuza films.

Kitano made his debut as a director 20 years ago with "Violent Cop." He became well known for his films about yakuza, though his last one was "Brother" in 2001. Since then, he has focused more on introspective pieces such as "Kantoku Banzai!" and his most recent, "Achilles to Kame."

Kitano, who wrote the script, has cast himself as the star. The story revolves around several yakuza members trying to survive in that violent world, resulting in a power struggle full of politics and treachery.

Besides Kitano, the main yakuza characters will be played by Tomokazu Miura, Kippei Shiina, and Ryo Kase. Others include Soichiro Kitamura, Renji Ishibashi, and Jun Kunimura, while Fumiyo Kohinata plays a police detective.

Filming started on August 23, with a theatrical release planned for 2010. The movie is reportedly being distributed jointly between Office Kitano and Warner Bros., which likely means it is being geared for international release.

oh my yes

After I hit submit, I started thinking that, you know, after everything he said in the media, and Glory to the Filmmaker and all that, it'd be awesome if he followed all of it up by just making another crime/yakuza film.

This is awesome.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Completely out of left field, here...

Recently, I saw a trailer for a really horrible looking John Travolta/Robin Williams buddy movie thing...don't even remember the name of the movie, but...

...for some reason it creeped me out to see John Travolta's wife, Kelly Preston, in the movie - playing Robin Williams' wife.

Gah...for some reason, the scene in the trailer where she kisses Williams with Travolta standing right there just gave me the creeps.

I know, I know, they're actors, but...gah...

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    Completely out of left field, here...

Recently, I saw a trailer for a really horrible looking John Travolta/Robin Williams buddy movie thing...don't even remember the name of the movie, but...

...for some reason it creeped me out to see John Travolta's wife, Kelly Preston, in the movie - playing Robin Williams' wife.

Gah...for some reason, the scene in the trailer where she kisses Williams with Travolta standing right there just gave me the creeps.

I know, I know, they're actors, but...gah...
    I saw this trailer when I went to see Surrogates... yeh this movie looks very very very bad.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Maybe because they're old. Not so creepy in Dodgeball.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

either we embrace or disdain this news. surely we are living in an interesting age. (in short, the link is about a moses pic made in 300 style.) i almost see how an art historian of the next century comments on this phenomena.

"All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Roland Emmerich wants to make INDEPENDENCE DAY 2. Fox honcho Tom Rothman wants to make INDEPENDENCE DAY 2. So what's the hold up?

Will Smith's gross points.

In an exclusive interview with Latino Review's Kellvin Chavez, Emmerich (who's currently making the press rounds for 2012: TOTAL FUCKING DESTRUCTION) suggests that ID4 2 probably would've been made by now had Fox been willing to peel off a percentage of the sequel's gross to the world's biggest movie star. Fox, however, would rather proceed without Will - which is a big ol' deal breaker for Emmerich.

As for whether Will has any interest in revisiting his first mega-blockbuster (ID4 made $817 million worldwide in 1996), that is unknown. My guess is he'd rather star in something he's personally developed via his production company Overbrook Entertainment - like HANCOCK 2.

For more ID4 2 news, head on over to Latino Review. According to Emmerich, he's got a "very really good great" story for the sequel. Can't argue with that kind of conviction!
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42686

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Spoilerific trailer for Dorian Gray.

Looks pretty bland.

I didn't even realize this was in production, let alone already released in the UK. Got pretty ho-hum reviews.
    Unfortunate. The book is one of my favorites.

Speaking of which, I guess Sam Mendes is trying to make Middlemarch into a feature? Bad idea, Sammy.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Unfortunate. The book is one of my favorites.
    Have you seen the 1945 adaptation? It's pretty damn good, so worth checking out if you haven't yet.

Found somewhere:

Hollywood, CA. Just announced yesterday, in one of the biggest movie franchise mergers in history, Jason Statham will be starring in a new film scheduled to begin production in late 2010. ... The working title "Transporter of Death: All Cranked Up" was leaked by an industry top official who claimed that "there will be a lot of driving, crashing and fighting... And probably some sex."

That from the onion?

Hahaha, I saw that blog post, too. The synopsis is pretty funny.

Script details were vague but we did find out the plot will include Statham driving a hitman to a contract killing in post apocalyptic Canada while piloting an armoured and weaponized vehicle. The hitman will also have injected Statham's charecter with a toxin that makes him have to jumpstart his heart every so often with adrenalin.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I wish there were more franchise mergers.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    I wish there were more franchise mergers.
    I'd watch a Conan vs. Scorpion King movie.

How about a 2012/Anatarjuat crossover?
    Movie Theater Diary

Charlize Theron's up for a role in Mad Max 4, apparently. And, so is Tom Hardy.

So, what happened to Jeremy Renner?
    thefilmistreturns.wordpress.com

Impossible. Meaningless.

Kane and Lynch is finally set to start filming in March.

Hitman 2 may recast the lead.

I didn't realize but Hitman 2 did $100 mil in theaters (domestic + foreign).

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Kane and Lynch is finally set to start filming in March.
    Ah, Bruce Willis. Keep losing respect.
    Movie Theater Diary

Yep, green light it is. Pre-production will start immediately.

Quote Quoting The Daily Telegraph
    Mad Max to the rescue of Aussie film industry

By Joe Hildebrand
    The Daily Telegraph
    October 24, 2009 12:42am

THE original Mad Max put the Australian film industry on the map and launched the career of one of our most recognised actors, Mel Gibson.

Twenty years on and Mad Max 4: Fury Road is about to restart the local movie industry, being filmed entirely in Sydney and Outback NSW.

The Daily Telegraph has learned that work on the film will start immediately, injecting tens of millions of dollars into the economy and creating more than 500 jobs.

There has been no confirmation yet of who will play the role of the Road Warrior but rumours abound it will be Australian Terminator star Sam Worthington, with Charlize Theron to co-star.

Much of the work will be done at Redfern's CarriageWorks and there will also be 30 weeks of filming in Broken Hill. It is estimated the whole project will take two-and-a-half years to complete, create 540 jobs and generate countless millions.

The owner of the Silverton Hotel, outside Broken Hill, made famous by Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior said the news was extraordinary.

"This is bloody huge," he said. "Absolutely magnificent. Silverton depends on the film industry, it survives on the film industry, and if Mad Max is going to be filmed here it's going to be just tremendous."

Industry sources said Premier Nathan Rees moved heaven and earth to get the film after Sydney lost the movie version of Green Lantern in an unexpected blow to the local industry. Producer and director George Miller said NSW had done extremely well to win the project and had put Sydney back on the map.

"Hollywood has cut its production in half. Big movies like Fury Road and Happy Feet are rare and competitively sought after in all the filmmaking regions of the world," he said. "The production agreements have been a long time in the making and Premier Rees and his team have worked like Trojans to ensure this substantial investment comes into this country. Not only does it help fuel the local economy but it means many talented people get a chance to practise their craft and lift their skills."

The first Mad Max movie (1979) was filmed in Victoria with Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981) filmed mainly in and around Broken Hill. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985) was shot in Coober Pedy in South Australia and in NSW.

CarriageWorks will be used for the development work for Fury Road, as well as Miller's sequel to Happy Feet.

Miller's company Kennedy Miller Mitchell will start pre-production immediately. Filming starts next year.

"The Mad Max films are iconic," Mr Rees said. "In the hands of director George Miller, we will see one of the largest and most ambitious live action films ever made in Australia. This is a clear vote of confidence in Australian expertise. This proves that Sydney is an international contender for major film production."
    Yay.

Impossible. Meaningless.

oddly enough, that they make it a straight sequel, Mad Max 4, instead of another reboot/remake bullshit sounds very appealing.

Also, knowing that they're keeping the majority of Brendan McCarthy's screenplay makes me very excited. Everyone's who's read it has said it's "almost a silent film," which is great - it's also intriguing that they're returning to Broken Hill.

Impossible. Meaningless.

Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast