Thread: Uwe Boll's...TUNNEL RATS!!

Uwe Boll's...TUNNEL RATS!!

Trailer here for Uwe Boll's Tunnel Rats, a non-video game based Vietnam war film.

While it looks like the best film he's done in terms of technical quality and acting, it still looks atrocious and pretty damn offensive. The final shot of the soldier getting the spear/sword/metal rod thing through his neck was executed in the way you'd do a kill in a slasher movie. Seems to be trying to instill a "wow, that's a sweet, gory kill!" feeling into a war film...which is tasteless and wrong, since I can't imagine Boll doing this as a "commentary film".
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    i dunno. but i will say that i love Vietnam movies.

Goddamit. I clicked on this thread under the belief that Uwe Boll had made a film about tunnel rats. Might have been the highlight of his career. And Vietnam had to ruin it...like so many other things.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Goddamit. I clicked on this thread under the belief that Uwe Boll had made a film about tunnel rats. Might have been the highlight of his career. And Vietnam had to ruin it...like so many other things.

ritch:

Rep.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    See that would have been awesome. No matter how terrible the film would have been at least we would have killer tunnel rats.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?