Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Preacher

The cold open of season two was pretty funny.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I gave in and watched this. Jesus, this show is so lame it breaks my heart but I might be addicted to hating it.

2nd ep: Hm, wow. They seem to be doing something that the comic never did, which is to portray Genesis as a really bad corrupting influence on Jesse. This actually might be really interesting divergence of the different mediums. For all the weird perverse shit in the comic, it is still essentially a piss-take on a traditional comic book story (orphaned kid with tragic background and steeled moral compass accidentally gets a superpower, goes on a sefless quest, helping people along the way). In this case, the medium is American cable television, and Jesse is fashioned more after that narcissistic male antihero mold that AMC is built on. I definitely miss the sense of romantic myth-making of the comic, but it's funny how everyone assumed that a TV adaptation would be watered down, and yet I'm finding this to be a much more cynical story with darker character.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Producer
    I saw Seth Rogen promoting this. Is he one of the cast or a writer or something?
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    I saw Seth Rogen promoting this. Is he one of the cast or a writer or something?
    Writer and showrunner.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9190 mediante Tapatalk

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I'm willing to bet that no one watches this anymore (I only got a few episodes in before not keeping up thanks to life needing me), but a while back, Jeremy Childs (the supporting actor in my short film) announced he has a recurring role in the upcoming season as Jody, and I just couldn't be happier for him.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yeh this has been one of those shows I am interested in, but I'm waiting to binge on.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yeh this has been one of those shows I am interested in, but I'm waiting to binge on.
    Don't waste your time with it and read the comics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123