Thread: iZombie

iZombie

So... thoughts?

It is virtually supernatural Veronica Mars, yeah?

I appreciate the yearning to not have a laborious origin story and get right to a case in the pilot, but man, that first 10 minutes was just rushed exposition city. I think this should grow into something nice and fun, though. Rose McIver is very watchable.

Pretty neat to get to see Mike Allred art on television every week.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I enjoyed it. It's definitely Veronica Mars 2.0 but I'm down with that. I'm a little disappointed that they're apparently using nothing from the iZombie comic except for the title and main character.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Yeah, we watched the first episode as well. It's quickly entertaining, though those first ten minutes are a mad rush. Worried that the scientist character is a little one-note, I'm digging the detective/Rose relationship even if I hope it doesn't become too Psyche-y

We'll give Thomas and his crew some time to move away from the Veronica Mars tonality, though there's ways in which I welcome a newer take on that narrative.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

I wouldn't have checked this out without Rob Thomas being involved, so the VM similarities aren't going to bother me. It certainly has potential. The take on Zombie lore is fresh and funny.

Also, David Anders never ages and I have always found him creepy.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Didn't realize Rob Thomas til the second episode, but really liked it even without knowing this.

Oooh, the second episode deepened the mythology in really cool ways. I'm starting to groove on this.
    ...and the milk's in me.

This is becoming a way cooler show then I ever would have imagined.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I am loving it, actually.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I am loving it, actually.
    Same here. I was kind of skeptical of the lead actress after the first episode but I've come to really dig her. Great cast all around.
    TV Recently Finished:

Poo. We fell behind on this show and are only now catching up on Hulu, which is doing the ol' update one episode a week and so we're stuck at episode 10 right now. Few things are more frustrating than waiting to see how the Peyton and Ravi storyline unfolds.

Otherwise, this isn't quite to the same level of VM yet, but that's mostly a lack of different ages being woven throughout episodes, so that there's no real clear parental figure, so it's a little more melodramatic without a family angle anchoring it. At least Major is finally getting something to do... the Liv and Ravi material is solid and worth the show.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7