Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ash vs. The Evil Dead

- - - - -
    The first two seasons were fun. (Still don't know how to feel about the "asylum" episode in late season 2. It seemed waaaay too dark for what Ash vs Evil Dead tried to do on the whole.)

Became a little concerned for season 3 after one of the showrunners got pushed out:

http://www.avclub.com/article/craig-...nd-orig-247262

The original finale mighta been stupid, I dunno. But it seems a shame nobody let the guy try.

My favorite show right now. It's really veered off from the original Evil Dead concept (from almost 40 years ago!), but it's a lot of fun. Very absurd and over the top. I don't think there's anything I watch right now that makes me laugh and cringe equally within a 30 minute span. Can't wait for season 3, despite the behind the scenes shake up.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Here's a truly radical opinion. I don't think any of them's better than the other. They are all samey quality-wise.
    Right. None of them are very good.

Recently watched them, and didn't care much for any of them. If I had to pick, Evil Dead II would be my favorite, just for the physicality of it all.

Didn't like the series, either. Well, the first season. Ash was just a big asshole, and not in a lovable doofus, blowhard kind of way. The whole thing was really mean-spirited. Felt like a Spike TV thing in which everyone involved tried way too hard to be edgy. Reminded me more of that terrible movie Evil Aliens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123