Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello anew for another version of Match Cut

Thanks for doing all this work, yo.

Pondering on what to use as an av.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Serves me right for only using TapaTalk.... Glad to see the site is up.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I like what you did with the NEW POSTS button 8. Can you also do the same for the NEW POST button after you click on NEW POSTS.

That string of buttons doesn't carry over to the next screen.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Site looks tight, man! I dig the way the Match Cut pops up when you hover over banner.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Site looks tight, man! I dig the way the Match Cut pops up when you hover over banner.
    Yeh me too.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I like what you did with the NEW POSTS button 8. Can you also do the same for the NEW POST button after you click on NEW POSTS.

That string of buttons doesn't carry over to the next screen.
    This appears to be fixed. Thank you.

We also need this adjusted after you click on a thread after clicking on NEW POST.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Is there a way to see who has rated threads in the yearly databases, like before? When you click to rate a thread, the menu shows the current score/average before the options, which is neat, but how do we see the breakdown?
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Yeah that's not a standard VB feature. It was either a hack or a plugin, can't remember. I'll try to see if we can replace it with one compatible with the current forum.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Modified something that's been irking me for a long time now. Polls are now made public by default so don't worry about remember checking that anymore.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

NICE!

Awesome 8

Is there a way to make the ad window close? I don't see any X buttons or anything, and it's blocking some of the nav. minor nuisance.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

What navigation?
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    At smaller resolutions some of the horizontal elements tend to crash into one another.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    At smaller resolutions some of the horizontal elements tend to crash into one another.
    I can look into this, but I made sure nothing's touching together with the screen down to as narrow as 720px. Is that not enough?

Let me know which elements are obscured.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    What navigation?
    The window obscures the top thread, and I can't click the go-to-latest-post arrow in the right-most column.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    The window obscures the top thread, and I can't click the go-to-latest-post arrow in the right-most column.
    FWIW, it only seems to be happening in FireFox, and when I resize the window to make is smaller, the entire add window goes away.

I'm confused. You're seeing an ad at the top of the page? There should only be one square banner and it's in the footer. I just checked on Firefox and it's the same thing.

Anyone who's seeing this please post a screenshot.
    Movie Theater Diary

Can we have this bar: "New Posts, Today's Posts, Forum Activity..."

In the same location when we are viewing a thread?

Yeah, but then it won't show up on the home page or the new posts page. It's one or the other.
    Movie Theater Diary

Oh bummer.

Thanks for looking.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Is there a way to hide the banners or not have them show up?
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

?

Like, our main banners that we do?
    Movie Theater Diary

Anyone want to remind me how to edit the caption under our user name? (ie. 'All animals can scream' for number8)
    Ratings on a 1-10 scale for your pleasure:

Top Gun: Maverick - 8
    Top Gun - 7
    McCabe & Mrs. Miller - 8
    Crimes of the Future - 8
    Videodrome - 9
    Valley Girl - 8
    Summer of '42 - 7
    In the Line of Fire - 8
    Passenger 57 - 7
    Everything Everywhere All at Once - 6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast