Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beauty and the Beast

That's why it's not for me. I grew up watching Disney movies on Laserdisc.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    The trend is aimed at anyone who grew up on Disney VHS movies.
    Just watch them on Blu-Ray now. Were you really yearning to see them with actors?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Just watch them on Blu-Ray now. Were you really yearning to see them with actors?
    It's not about the medium... this could be stop motion animation and I'd feel the same way about it. It's about revisiting something that was hugely influential as part of my childhood. These songs are burned into my soul as something I'd always cherish and want to sing along to. It's why I've seen the Lion King on Broadway three times.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

They're dubbing this here in Serbia... after butchering Moana, they'll make even more movies unwatchable. Not that I was going to see it, but I wonder how long before they dub anything remotely "kid friendly"? Terrible. And Kubo and the Two Strings never even got into the theatres.

Sucks that you don't get a choice. I remember when I was growing up in HK, when I go to kids movies at multiplexes, they would tell you on the showtimes which showings are subtitled and which ones are dubbed in Cantonese.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I've noticed that in Korea, dubbing of animated films is slowly becoming more predominant when in the past there has always been a clear choice between the two for different screens/sessions. I still haven't seen The Lego Batman movie because finding convenient subtitled sessions has been a pain.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Yeah, I'm also waiting on The Lego Batman because of dubbing.

They did subtitles for this, so we had a choice... But boy what a collosal waste of time. Girlfriend dragged me to it and she was apologizing half way into the film.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123