Page 176 of 192 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 4792

Thread: What Are You Listening To?

Love me some Soma..

"We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar

Gotta hand it those guys... this song is catchier than a box o' hooks.
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

"We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)

Gotta hand it those guys... this song is catchier than a box o' hooks.
    I love the band.

Incredible bass tone. Great song.

Getting hooked on The Neighbourhood's debut album. "Sweater Weather", "How", and "Flawless" are the immediate standouts.

Came home and the wife was listening to The Knife. If you knew my wife, you'd realize that this is kind of strange.

Brian Eno - Small Country (a cappella)

Funny, I've heard at least a dozen different remixes of Fractal Zoom, including the original Small Country mix, but I've never heard this one before.

The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

I find myself more attracted to this style of lyrics and playing as time goes on.
    The Boat People - 9
    The King of Pigs - 7

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Anyone else obsessed?

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    I find myself more attracted to this style of lyrics and playing as time goes on.
    Looking forward to this. The last couple Desertshore (featuring members of Redhouse Painters and Sun Kil Moon) albums have been great.

For those who haven't heard this (might be a few) be prepared to have your minds blown.

For those who haven't heard this (might be a few) be prepared to have your minds blown.
    Sounds kinda Señor Coconut-ty. Which is to say: me like long time.

Can't wait for the documentary.

Can't wait for the documentary.
    What's the doc called?? Just a glance at his bio (blind NY street performer who dresses in Viking attire and knew Bernstein and Charlie Parker!?) has me already drooling to learn more about him. I picked up the self-titled Moondog, which appears to be considered his "classic", and Elpmas based on the strength of the song you linked. Great discovery!

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    What's the doc called?? Just a glance at his bio (blind NY street performer who dresses in Viking attire and knew Bernstein and Charlie Parker!?) has me already drooling to learn more about him. I picked up the self-titled Moondog, which appears to be considered his "classic", and Elpmas based on the strength of the song you linked. Great discovery!
    The Viking of 6th Street

http://thevikingof6thavenue.com/

I discovered him awhile ago while researching some modern minimalism; some people - including Reich, Zorn and Glass - consider him one of the fathers of modern American minimalism.

So far, H'art Songs has been my favorite album. I just love his voice. It's so earnest.

I also like his more percussive stuff, and his use of polyrhythms is great, as is illustrated in Elpmas. There's a good collection on Pirate Bay that has a ton of his more percussive stuff on it.

Really liking this too. Trying to decide between the Moondog or Elpmas release--my love of percussion will likely push me in that direction.
    The Boat People - 9
    The King of Pigs - 7

Anyone looking for a good example of Moondog's more classical side should check out the album In Europe. It's very good.

Really enjoying the new Julia Holter and while I'm still not completely on the bandwagon, this track is one of the highlights of the year for me:

Doris is a really good album. Further proof that there's still stuff out there for people who complain there's no more lyrics. I think it was smart for Earl to cut out all the rape stuff and go with the introspective side. Some killer guest spots too, I was a fan of Frank Ocean's off the cuff verse on "Sunday."

Always a fan of organs in pop music, and the sound that is generated from so little instrumentation is illuminating.
    The Boat People - 9
    The King of Pigs - 7