Thread: Scheduled maintenance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scheduled maintenance

Heads up: the forums will be down on Friday so I can reinstall vB and try to fix some stuff. Will possibly be an all day thing.

Start planning alternative means of getting your sick minds off for the duration.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)

Start planning alternative means of getting your sick minds off for the duration.
    This will be a challenge.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up, 8. Much appreciated, as is all your hard work.

Yes, thanks.

Not exactly done, but you can start posting again.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Not exactly done, but you can start posting again.
    Thanks for the hard work 8. Nice to have Dear Leader welcome us back.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

- - - - -
    Dig that banner. Thank you for the time you've put into this.

One note (& you're probably already aware): New posts doesn't flush certain threads once they are clicked, ie they aren't marked "read" by the system so they continue to present as new, unread, bolded, etc. Smells like a cookie problem. The "Mark all posts read" link/page doesn't resolve the issue.

- - - - -
    Testing testing

- - - - -
    Or.... It's a cache issue.

Thread indexes aren't update when someone posts to them. Hmmmm.

- - - - -
    To your credit, 8, the entire site feels worlds snappier. Pages load very quickly. It's a startling difference.

The site portal looks kinda primitive on my phone -- scaled-back interface -- anyone else having similar issues?

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Gotta second the refresh thing. I have to refresh every forum because it's stuck on being Dec 17.

Quote Quoting Russ (view post)
    The site portal looks kinda primitive on my phone -- scaled-back interface -- anyone else having similar issues?
    We've always had a more minimal mobile theme. Is that what you're talking about?
    Movie Theater Diary

No, I mean it used to look the same on my phone AND iPad. Now, when I view it on my phone, I no longer see posters' avatars when I'm in a thread. I can no longer zoom in or out. It's very streamlined and limited in functionality in a way that it never was before. I now HAVE to go to my iPad to recreate the interface that I used to get on my iPhone...
    "We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

- - - - -
    We've always had a more minimal mobile theme. Is that what you're talking about?
    Small heads up-- last time I accessed from my phone, mobile site didn't come up at all. I got the full site, same as desktop & ipad.

Anyway, thanks for the round of bug squashing. Appreciated.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Is the site still massively broken for anyone else? It logs me out after almost every page and I have to refresh for me to be able to post. It also won't let me make any changes to my signature. I make a signature click save and it goes through like it's ok but then nothings there.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I don't have to refresh, not getting logged out. The 'new posts' button still seems to be nonfuctional.

Tapatalk seems to work perfectly. It's business as usual for me.

Heads up, I'm planning on shutting it down for a few hours again tonight (I'll try to do it after midnight EST) to try and fix some of these issues.
    Movie Theater Diary

I've been using only my smartphone since my laptop died back in November anyways.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?