Thread: The Flash (Season 1)

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar

The Flash (Season 1)

Really liked this. Not a bad cast member thus far, great chemistry out of the gate for all of them, a pilot that set up the story very well and created a logical string of villains to follow, and straddled the line between comedy and drama nicely. I'm eagerly anticipating the one-two punch of this and Arrow every week.

I wasn't that wild about the Smallville set up of having all the villains and the hero come from the same thing. Hopefully they'll do something more interesting than Smallville's monster of the week, the way Arrow has been able to do.

Didn't expect them to introduce the [
    ] angle so quickly. That was awesome.

Great second ep. It's kinda mystifying how much better the actors are on this show compared to Arrow.

Also, holy shit, what is this show's effects budget?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I enjoyed the pilot episode which I reviewed for my friend, who gave me access to his Hulu account. I'll check out the second episode soon.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    It's kinda mystifying how much better the actors are on this show compared to Arrow.
    Yeah, the cast on this show is kind of excellent. Jesse L. Martin in particular lends the show a weird amount of gravitas.

Tried the first 2 episodes of season 3 of Arrow because of how much I've been enjoying this show, and had trouble getting past how wooden everyone is and the terrible dialogue.

That was one hell of an episode.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I AM SO PUMPED. That episode, holy hell, That episode.

I love that the holy shit moments all happened within 10 minutes of the episode.

Did they have a scheduling snafu? It felt like an episode that was meant to air before the month-long break, rather than a return episode.

I really liked Carlos Valdes in it. I think because Cisco's such a fanservicey role and mostly just quips, Valdes never got to stretch all that much, but that look of fear and disappointment he had in that scene toward Wells was really affecting.

[]
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Not sure why this happened....

Movie Theater Diary

There's still 10 min to go but this episode is making me so happy. Fucking Speed scenario hahaha.
    Movie Theater Diary

"I'm totally in love with you and you're throwing yourself at me, but sorry, a supervillain who kidnapped me said we can't be together so bye."

The fuck.
    Movie Theater Diary