Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season 2)

The internet says he's alive somewhere. There's a sister, too.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I'm 6 episodes in and it's been pretty bad. When does it get good?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It's been great. So I don't know what you're talking about. I mean there's only been 8 episodes.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    It's been great. So I don't know what you're talking about. I mean there's only been 8 episodes.
    The first season?

There was literally a line in the pilot where the bad guy said something like: "This is an origin story". I almost spit my coffee out and I wasn't even drinking any.

And the whole Skye subplot so far has been really eyesrolling worthy. Although I'll put up with her as long as there is an episode every now and then with her in her underwear.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Okay, well, you're posting in the Season 2 thread where we all said to skip ahead to Season 2 and don't bother with Season 1.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Okay, well, you're posting in the Season 2 thread where we all said to skip ahead to Season 2 and don't bother with Season 1.
    I figured it was better to ask questions in the most active thread rather than to bump an old thread. So I should skip season 1 entirely?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I figured it was better to ask questions in the most active thread rather than to bump an old thread. So I should skip season 1 entirely?
    The first season gets good about 3/4 of the way in, but the general consensus is that it's not worth the build up. The second season has been very solid, though.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I swear to you, if this show
    [
    ]

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I swear to you, if this show
    [
    ]
    This applies tp other character as well.

Otherwise, this episode killed it. They are not afraid of moving this plot forward.

Great stufffff. It's interesting that the obelisk, the city, Skye and her dad's identity all end up being the obvious answers that most Marvel fans guessed, but whatever. They nailed that plotline, and the last half of this ep was genuinely thrilling.

Also, seriously, again, what a get McLachlan is. He's just terrific in this.

3 eps into s1 and I'm not against what I'm seeing. It's fast, colorful, there's some easygoing chemistry, Gregg can really anchor a show, he's great and hilarious, the various references to Marvel's universe are cool to have, but I'm stupefied that there's 21 more episodes of...this. Nowadays, with all the good/great shows being 10-13, 24 seems unending given the lack of an overarching (so far) storyline.

Has the 24-episode season been played out? Isn't any show better off sticking to 10-13 episodes? Seems like a considerably lesser challenge to actually ensure the whole season will rock.

So 21 more. Will ride it out. But fuck. 21 more to go.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Since Skye's mother was pretty much immortal, it's entirely possible that she went to the United States during the 40's and had a love affair with Agent Sousa.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Tonight!

Inhumans!

Yes!
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Dat Godfather homage.

Good return.
    Movie Theater Diary

I was worried at the beginning of this last episode that it's gonna be back to season one's Scooby-Dooing, but everything in the back half was just awesome.
    Movie Theater Diary

Movie Theater Diary

I miss Ward.

Things I could never have imagined in season 1.
    ...and the milk's in me.

The expository dialogue in the first scene was sooooo bad.

However, Talbot mansplaining lawnmowers was fantastic.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Talbot won that episode.

"It's too early for Taco Tuesday."
    Movie Theater Diary

So many BSG references.
    Movie Theater Diary

YES PLEASE
    ...and the milk's in me.

I have no idea which part you're reacting to but I'm loving all the developments. Fitz! Simmons! Deathlok! Ward! Skyemom! Huntersnark!
    Movie Theater Diary

I have no idea which part you're reacting to but I'm loving all the developments. Fitz! Simmons! Deathlok! Ward! Skyemom! Huntersnark!
    ALL OF IT
    ...and the milk's in me.

What is even happening in this show anymore?
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast