Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legend of Korra (Book 4: Balance)

Eh, we should be better than a clip show. Boo.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Beyond the Wilds:
    [
    ]
    Great episode and quite a way to bounce back from the clips episode!!

Yeah, this was great stuff. I'm getting pre-emptively sad about the end of this show.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Pabu."
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Yeah, this was great stuff. I'm getting pre-emptively sad about the end of this show.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Pabu."
    It's gonna leave a big hole that I might not be able to fill until... like... Bryke makes another show. Hopefully not on Nick or CN, though. Maybe at a Netflix, a Hulu or, if they ever decide to do an animated show, an AMC or HBO.

Great episode. Lots of awesome moments. Seeing [
    ] makes up for the fact that [
    ]. But good stuff! Loved the campfire drama and the frank talk with the spirits in the spirit world.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Great episode. Lots of awesome moments. Seeing [
    ] makes up for the fact that [
    ]. But good stuff! Loved the campfire drama and the frank talk with the spirits in the spirit world.
    Agreed as well.

More thoughts:
    [
    ]
    Shit about to get real!!!

Kuvira's Gambit:
    [
    ]
    Good set-up. Can it be next Friday already?

Nice finale! Lots of good teamwork and some terrific moments, including a few flailing, ohmygodohmygodohmygod-style bits. I had a huge smile on my face during the last few minutes, and really thru much of the episode. Ends the Korra series on a terrific high note. Ups and downs in quality here and there, but a very worthy successor to TLA.

3rd
    4th
    1st
    2nd

...would be my ranking.

[
    ]
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

So is Korra a lesbian now?
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    So is Korra a lesbian now?
    Technically speaking, bisexual. The Korrasami thing had been hinted before, the ending pretty much confirmed it.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Nice finale! Lots of good teamwork and some terrific moments, including a few flailing, ohmygodohmygodohmygod-style bits. I had a huge smile on my face during the last few minutes, and really thru much of the episode. Ends the Korra series on a terrific high note. Ups and downs in quality here and there, but a very worthy successor to TLA.

3rd
    4th
    1st
    2nd

...would be my ranking.

[
    ]
    I still can't believe they went there. I loved it. And BTW, I pretty much have the same season ranking as you.

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    Technically speaking, bisexual. The Korrasami thing had been hinted before, the ending pretty much confirmed it.
    And Bryke just confirmed it.

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/

There were enough hints at Korra/Asami that if it had been ignored from a canon perspective it would have felt like they were just baiting the fans. I'm glad they committed to it.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Season rankings 3, 1, 4, 2. Got really bored in the middle of season 4. The ending was quite good but especially around the clip episode I didn't need to watch every week so we marathoned the last four episodes last night.

I'm really going to miss this show, and I hope this isn't the last we see of this world. I think the show has significantly matured this series, and I'd like to see another one with an adult avatar. Maybe even one at the end of his/her career. This fourth season didn't quite reach the heights of the third season--mostly due to a sharp decline in villain, but Korra's journey was strong and the supporting cast was as charming as ever. The finale had the greatest action set piece since Aang vs. Fire Lord. The supermeccha was dreadful and sinister. Kovira's humanity didn't shine through as strongly and with the complexity of Zaheer, but the stakes were effectively raised. It's rewarding to be left satisfied by a series finale. It's a rare occurrence for me.

I echo Wryan's 3 > 4 > 1 > 2.

I pretty much agree with what you just said Lucky. This universe is pretty much limitless and I would also love to see the adventures of another avatar either as another animated show or as a film (with actual output from Bryke, not something like Shyamalan's).

However, it seems like there won't be anything on this universe on the near future, specially because both Mike and Bryan have new projects right now (Bryan is doing a graphic novel while Mike is writing a novel series). Let's hope this new projects remain god and that they go back to the Avatar universe someday, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12